appendix carry for sig p224

This is a discussion on appendix carry for sig p224 within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone have experience with appendix carry for sig p224? I am looking for holster and was told by one manufacturer the sig p224 is to ...

Thread: appendix carry for sig p224

Anyone have experience with appendix carry for sig p224? I am looking for holster and was told by one manufacturer the sig p224 is to wide to be stable in appendix carry, any thoughts? Thanks.

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    I carry my P229 in a Garrett Industries Slim AIWB, if it will work for a P229 it should be easier for a P224.

Thanks matthew03, found their website today and going to order tomorrow.

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    Just a heads up, I ordered mine with the standard clip attachment and I really need to order a heavy duty to replace it. I've found the standard can let go of my belt when seated and allow the holster and gun to ride up. A couple of times I've stood to find my pistol, still holstered, was not where I expected it to be. Other than that the rig is excellent.

Biggest issue carrying appendix with guns that have short slide lengths is the gun likes to flop out over the belt and prints miserably through whatever shirt you are wearing. Now this is not that big of an issue if you get a AIWB holster that has a very low carry height that keeps the grip of the gun low against the belt. The compromise of low carry is the time it takes to get a good grip on the gun and draw it from the holster.

If you get a holster that carries the gun high enough that the belt does not hinder a good initial grab of the grip, then I recommend getting the holster maker to add some extra length to the holster for a short slide length gun. The extra length of the holster will stabilize the gun on the belt and also help to keep it from flopping out over the belt.

I repeat.................do not buy a appendix holster made to ride high enough for a good initial grip for a short slide handgun without getting the holster maker to add additional length to the holster.

Good luck.

ETA: Appendix Holsters I recommend for duty size weapons

CCC Shaggy
    JM Custom Kydex
    The Keeper
    Dark Star Gear
    Dale Fricke Archangel (has no grip tucking mechanism, but is good enough for small/short grip guns)
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

Links