IWB carry. Did you get new pants or lose weight

This is a discussion on IWB carry. Did you get new pants or lose weight within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My pants fit me just right... Until I put a IWB tuckable holster and gun on. Then I need to suck in a bit to ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: IWB carry. Did you get new pants or lose weight

IWB carry. Did you get new pants or lose weight

My pants fit me just right... Until I put a IWB tuckable holster and gun on. Then I need to suck in a bit to button my pants. I can still wear them, but they are just a bit on the tight side.

I personally will be doing both, toning up and getting one pant size up.

What about you? Did you have pants that fit perfect before carrying, if not did you buy new pants or did you lose weight?

2. Remove Ads

My weight fluctuates just enough where one size fits me more or less year around. However, when they do get a little snug (in the winter) I'm carrying OWB anyways. The opposite is true in the summer, and IWB is my preferred method of carry then. So it all works out!

I get what I call my "Fat Man Pants" (). They are my normal size but have small, elastic bands on either side. You can get enough extra space for IWB and if not CC, your pants are the regular size. I like 'em and don't even feel like I'm cheatin'...

I also got some army surplus camo pants (different styles/colors) and they had a small adjustment panel on either side. It had two straps and a small buckle to take the waist in or let it out. Lock it in place and wear normal. Let it out for your IWB. Good solutions and not expensive.
    Aceoky and Smarshe like this.
    -- Robert
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member
    I was lucky when it came time to put a holster inside my waistband, I've always bought my pants a little bigger than I actually was (32, when I'm actually like a 30). But I've found I actually prefer to buy my pants the right size now, seems to be less work for the belt to hold it all up when the pants are snug on my waist as well.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

VIP Member
    Neither.

I just sucked it up.
    Smarshe and 84160 like this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

I bought a few pairs of "Tru Spec, 24-7" pants. With the expandable waist, they fit perfect with or without an IWB! Plus they look good and comfy!

I bought bigger pants. If you want to lose weight, then keep your old pants so you can use them if you drop down. If you're going to carry daily, then some adjustments to how you dress are to be expected. Pants size is an easy one.
    ironmike86 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    My jeans are pretty relaxed fit. Then I bought a Walther PPS.

No need for a new wardrobe if you don't try to IWB carry a 2x4 ( I'm looking at you G and XD)

I do not wear the current trend of "skinny jeans" and the low cut stuff. I have male parts that do not agree with those styles. So my normal, relaxed fit jeans (Levis, Wranglers, Nautica) are not an issue, even with the Glocks. I do however, have to have a larger gun belt than I normally wear.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

I bought new pants and promptly gained weight to fill them out. Still carry IWB.
    I Shoot Birds With A Canon.

I buy my pants up a size in the waist. Have to cinch the belt up tighter when I have to visit the PRoM down south. I've got a couple pairs of "expanding" slacks that work pretty well whether or not I'm carrying IWB. And a couple suits I bought to wear when I was in a no-carry situation, I now wear with OWB or Kangaroo carry. IWB simply doesn't work with those.

Loosing weight!

just used my same old jeans/ shorts/ dress pants. I did go up a size for shirts though.

I've gone up one pant size, I do have a few extra pounds I'm trying to lose though.

I guess I just deal with it. Now that I've bought an actual gun belt it makes the issue a little less of a painful. Not sure why. I'm always experimenting with all of the variables. I've got four handguns that I carry and 13 holsters.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links