Very good read @

Very good read @

This is a discussion on Very good read @ within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The Toxic Conversation About Guns | SlowFacts The Toxic Conversation About Guns April 14, 2013 It is a well worn cliché that sex and religion ...

Thread: Very good read @

VIP Member

Thumbs up Very good read @

The Toxic Conversation About Guns | SlowFacts

The Toxic Conversation About Guns

April 14, 2013

It is a well worn cliché that sex and religion are forbidden subjects at dinner parties. Well, add gun-rights to the list! Why is self-defense such a toxic subject that people usually talk past each other when they try to discuss it? That subject may be your passion or violence may be your biggest fear, but that means you are a small minority. Here is one reason we can’t communicate. Most people have only a vague opinion about violence, self-defense and firearms. They know what they read in the headlines. Culture changes when we move the majority to our side one small step at a time.

SNIP

Read the whole thing. Very good. Very well written.
    Last edited by DaveH; April 20th, 2013 at 10:17 PM. Reason: increased font size to make it teaser clip more readable
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Quote Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
    The Toxic Conversation About Guns | SlowFacts

Read the whole thing. Very good. Very well written.
    Thanks, DaveH. Glad you liked it.
    Tack
    Slowfacts

VIP Member
    Good article. Not sure how well it would work with a rabid anti, but for someone who is not pro-gun but open minded I can see where the 1 step at a time process could work.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tack View Post
    Thanks, DaveH. Glad you liked it.
    Tack
    Slowfacts
    Welcome to the DC Forum.

Your well written logic will be appreciated by many of us, I am sure.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Good article. Not sure how well it would work with a rabid anti, but for someone who is not pro-gun but open minded I can see where the 1 step at a time process could work.
    Actually, I'll link to it in exchanges with rabid antis.

The cool well presented logic is far better than my poorly proofed / dashed off blurbs.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Sometime all you need to do is add a small thread of thought. Plant a seed, sit back and let it grow.

If they bring up the subject next time you talk, you know it took.

Very good article, by the way

Links