What's Your Rotation?

This is a discussion on What's Your Rotation? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It seems like quite a few DC folks have carry rotations - more than one gun and switching between them on a daily or case-by-case ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: What's Your Rotation?

What's Your Rotation?

It seems like quite a few DC folks have carry rotations - more than one gun and switching between them on a daily or case-by-case basis. I thought it would be insightful to find out what everyone carries, when they carry them and why. Game on.

2. Remove Ads

I'll start off

Springfield Armory XDM 40S&W 3.8 inch barrel service pistol - home defense and on heavy coat days only. It holds 16+1 for 40 cal power so whenever I can carry it I do. But it's hard to conceal.

Springfield Armory XD9 sub compact - my current EDC. It's a small fairly concealable double stack with 13+1 and 16 in the backup mag. Enough to get me through most disasters. Only fits under sweatshirts, sweaters and really baggy t shirts.

Springfield Armory XD 45ACP sub compact. A higher power alternative to my XD9sc. 10+1 and 13 on backup of a powerful man stopper round makes this a dead heat for EDC. The barrel is 1 inch longer and it busts my concealment sometimes so I only carry it on heavy days.

Ruger LCP. Nuff said. Deep concealment. I will always have at least this with me. .380 ACP is meh but it will do the job.

Ruger KLCR for grab and go simplicity and reliability. It's really the red headed stepchild of my rotation but it has its place. When everything else fails I grab this 5 round wheel gun. Conceals really really well. Second only to the LCP. So it's going to be a summer favorite.

My newest golden child: the S&W M&P Shield 9mm!! I haven't shot it yet but I'm sure I'll love it. Summer gun all the way and will always be with me in t-shirt weather unless I put on the speedos then it's the LCP. When the weather gets colder and clothes get thicker, the XD9 goes back into service but I think this one will be my EDC when the sun is baking.

VIP Member
    My primary EDC is a G30 in a Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro IWB holster. I also have a Shield and a LCP. I use those when I need smaller package or to go deep concealed. But for 95% of the time it is the G30.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Glock 19 Gen 2 7 days a week. I carried a Sig P238 for a while but I found I always went back to my larger pistol... So I sold my Sig to a former DC member right before Christmas.
    Bad Bob and sammage like this.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Glock 30S vs Glock 19 on most days. Tee shirt only weather requires the XDS.
    pittypat21 likes this.
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    --Richard Henry Lee, 1788

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    I don't rotate my EDC, I carry only the two guns that I primarily train with and when attire does not allow, I carry just myLCP that is also part of my training regiment. I do have other handguns but my XD40SC and LCP seem to work best for me based on the results of my training. If there was a need to change my EDC I would change to my S&W M&P 40 compact that I carried for several years.
    kaikane0812 likes this.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

SP 101 2.4 in a Milt Sparks SS, a S&W 642 pocket carry, S&W Mod 60 Hayesleather.com patriot holster owb

S&W M&P 45c 80% of the time.

Ruger LCR .38 spl. for when it's hot or I just don't feel like carrying the larger Smith.

GLOCK 19, CBST, CB belt or a GLOCK 19, CBST, CB belt. If I'm feeling extra quirky I'll carry a GLOCK 19 in a CBST on a CB belt.

Because it's the best pistol.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

...always a .45 primary and .38 BUG...
    ...either a P90 or P97, and a S&W Bodyguard(the REAL one...in .38 Spl) or my SP101
    Secret Spuk and GhostMaker like this.

I'll be the odd man out. I often wonder a lot of things about my fellow forum members and I used to talk about my guns and even had pictures of them out there. Now, since my horrible boating accident where every gun I had was lost, I don't have any and wouldn't want Uncle Annybody to know if I replaced one.

No tin foil hat here, just not trusting many these days.
    Smarshe, nontechguy and Hodad like this.
    Train like your life depends on it, because it does.

NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar
    XDm 9mm compact everyday unless my pants are too tight then I carry a S&W Shield 9mm.

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Sweatshirt/sweater weather, or colder, I carry a G19 or G26 in a CBST. Appropriate spare magazine in the support side front pocket.

Last summer's pocket carry, in a DeSantis Nemessis pocket holster, was a P238 or an LCP. The LCP is the gun of last resort - it's been reliable as gravity but I don't shoot it nearly as well as I shoot the P238.

This summer's carry gun is planned to be the XDs in a hybrid IWB under an untucked polo shirt. I have the CrossBreed MicroTuck but it isn't working for me. I bought a hybrid from a different company (I don't remember the name at the moment); it fits the gun better, me better and is more comfortable than the MicroTuck. Still not all sorted out, but I'm still working with it. The XDs itself has been reliable as gravity as long as one doesn't baby it or ride the slide while chambering the first round (slide release or rack it like you want to rip the slide off and it's fine).

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by tomtsr View Post
    I'll be the odd man out. I often wonder a lot of things about my fellow forum members and I used to talk about my guns and even had pictures of them out there. Now, since my horrible boating accident where every gun I had was lost, I don't have any and wouldn't want Uncle Annybody to know if I replaced one.

No tin foil hat here, just not trusting many these days.
    "No tinfoil hat, I just hope the feds overlook the fact I'm an active member of a firearms forum and believe my cliche lie about losing every gun I own in a boating accident and therefore won't come to take them from me."

I don't have a carry gun rotation, I have guns that I carry dependent on circumstances/venues/wardrobe.
    Duty carry - FNP45T
    Off duty carry - Novak built Colt Commander
    Duty BUG/off duty carry when the Commander won't fit - Custom 9mm S&W 360J
    Field/woods/work around the property - S&W 327 Night Guard

I have many others but these are the ones that see the most use.
    “Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.”

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links