Your Opinion - Church Carry

This is a discussion on Your Opinion - Church Carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I carry to church and everywhere else it is not prohibited. Since I do not normally wear a coat to church I carry my Kel-Tec ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your Opinion - Church Carry

VIP Member
    I carry to church and everywhere else it is not prohibited. Since I do not normally wear a coat to church I carry my Kel-Tec P-32 in my left front pocket. I am the worship leader and make all the announcements and lead the music. No one notices. The K&D pocket holster does not print. My wife is the pianist and has a SIG P239 in 357SIG in her purse. It is with her at the piano and she brings it to the pew when she finishes playing. She does not take it back to the piano for the closing hymn, so if something happened then she would not have it. We have not figured out a way to make taking the purse back look natural.

Now concerning the two uniformed LEOs. If someone plans to come into your church and create trouble, who do you think will be the first two targets? With them down you are on your own. Take a weapon with you.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    steve63, towards the bottom of your post(#1) you state, "I carry a G23 all the time."

I'm not trying to be a WA but .......what was your question again ??

If you carry then carry. Don't(NEVER !!) try to figure if you'll need it today. As others have said,equate this to wearing a seatbelt.

LEO's at the door ?? Please don't feel that they will protect you and your family when things get ugly. There are a gazillion of them out on the street and .....well....you know what goes on out there.

Sign...yes or no. Morality...yes or no. Training...yes or no. But never try to overcomplicate it. You might need it so carry it. That simple. -------

Always carry if it's legal.

Never forget Wedgewood Baptist Church: http://www.ifca.org/testimony/shooting.htm
    Proud member of the Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy:
    http://www.xanga.com/jaltered

Those officers aren't going to be protecting you on the drive from your home to church (and back). Yes, I would carry.

Ron
    I hope that my comments here don't offend anyone because that is certainly not my intent. But, I believe that they are germaine to the thread and need saying. As soon as I got my carry permit, I started carrying to Friday night services at our local Temple. I also was armed when we attended services on our two most important religious holidays of the year. I will tell you that there are police outside the Temple on the two high holiday services, but not at the weekly Friday night services. When my wife realized that I was carrying to Temple she got upset. Her question to me was, "why do you need to be armed at services?" My response was to ask her why were there police with automatic weapons walking around in the old Jewish ghetto in Venice, Italy, and why were there police with automatic weapons posted outside the Synagogues in Rome and in Vienna, when we visited during Passover a few years ago. I also reminded her of the all too frequent attacks on synagogues in Europe over the last several years. And lastly, I asked her the following: "If someone hated and wanted to kill jews, what better place then a temple or synagogue during religous services?" She had no response and that was the last time I had any objection from her about my being armed at Temple. So, my answer is yes, indeed! I carry when I attend religous services at our Temple.

Now, I realize that religion is discouraged as topic on the Forum. And, again, although I sincerely hope that I have not offended anyone, I do believe that my post directly relates to the question posed in this thread.

Ron

Senior Member Array Sweatnbullets's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    I hope that my comments here don't offend anyone because that is certainly not my intent. But, I believe that they are germaine to the thread and need saying. As soon as I got my carry permit, I started carrying to Friday night services at our local Temple. I also was armed when we attended services on our two most important religious holidays of the year. I will tell you that there are police outside the Temple on the two high holiday services, but not at the weekly Friday night services. When my wife realized that I was carrying to Temple she got upset. Her question to me was, "why do you need to be armed at services?" My response was to ask her why were there police with automatic weapons walking around in the old Jewish ghetto in Venice, Italy, and why were there police with automatic weapons posted outside the Synagogues in Rome and in Vienna, when we visited during Passover a few years ago. I also reminded her of the all too frequent attacks on synagogues in Europe over the last several years. And lastly, I asked her the following: "If someone hated and wanted to kill jews, what better place then a temple or synagogue during religous services?" She had no response and that was the last time I had any objection from her about my being armed at Temple. So, my answer is yes, indeed! I carry when I attend religous services at our Temple.

Now, I realize that religion is discouraged as topic on the Forum. And, again, although I sincerely hope that I have not offended anyone, I do believe that my post directly relates to the question posed in this thread.

Ron
    Absolutely relative my friend! As a Christian, I welcome hearing from our Jewish brothers in arms.

OD*
    Don't ask, don't tell.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Senior Member Array Sweatnbullets's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pogo2 View Post
    If you are wearing dark colored, pleated pants to church, you can conceal one of these in a pocket holster and nobody will know:

What I really like about the J-frame and a pocket holster is the versatility of the "roving gun." I use a cheap Uncle Mikes pocket holtser and it can be slipped into the appendix area for excellent access while seated at church. This access is much better than in the front pocket.

It can also be slipped into a jacket pocket for excellent "hand on gun" options for cooler weather and navigating parking lots.

Front pocket has it's place also.

Ron
    Could not agree more, Roger. That is my carry gun of choice. A S&W 38. model 642. I carry mine in a Mica pocket holster. Even without a jacket and carried in the front pants pocket, it does not print., and no one knows that I am armed.

Ron

VIP Member
    Carry if legal, if you print too much, leave it in the car, at least you will have it while traveling and for stops along the way.

Strange as it may be, I'm not a 24/7 carry kind of guy, but the one place I always carry at is church. Every Sunday. Right now its either an old S&W Model 12 K-frame or a Bersa T380 in an ankle holster. I wouldn't necessarily recommend ankle carry but it works well for me given what I wear.

And I'll second the notion that in a 4000 member church, there will be a lot more than the 2 uniformed LEOs carrying. Probably a good number of off-duty cops, all of whom I would expect to have a weapon concealed.

When I attended mass this morning I carried concealed as I have at every Mass I have attended in the last 20-30 years. On a normal day there will be between 200 and 300 folks in attendance and I have never been "made". I carry concealed 24/7 and have for a long, long time. Nobody (except my wife and grown kids) knows that I carry. My carrying concealed has Never ever been a matter of discussion with anybody outside my family.

Carrying in church is no different than carrying any other place. Bad things can happen to good people anywhere, anytime. To assume that a church is somehow exempt from all that is exhibiting naiveté at an extreme (and perhaps dangerous) level.
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

Praise The Lord...

and Pass The Ammunition...so they say...
    I always carry at church...I'm sure others do too!

Today, my Glock-36 was SOB/IWB...not a problem...

Stay alert...stay safe...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post

Ron
    Well put!!!!
    I think you said it all.
    "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't."
    General George Patton

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links