Milwaukee Aldi's Shooting Update

This is a discussion on Milwaukee Aldi's Shooting Update within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Some of you may remember when Wisconsin was granted conceal carry, and Nazir Al-Mujaahid was the first to use his weapon under this new law. ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree150Likes

Thread: Milwaukee Aldi's Shooting Update

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar

Milwaukee Aldi's Shooting Update

Some of you may remember when Wisconsin was granted conceal carry, and Nazir Al-Mujaahid was the first to use his weapon under this new law.
    Well this is an update that he finally recieved his gun back after 14 or 15 months. Longer then one of the one of the badguys. He was released before Nazir got his gun back.

Anyway CCW Advocates just posted the video of this shooting.

Concealed Carry Holder Stops Armed Robbery - YouTube

2. Remove Ads

I hate to say it but he shouldn't have drawn. He's not a cop and the guy was on his way out. What if he missed and hit a bystander behind the BG? Or maybe the BG shoots back, drops him, gets mad and goes on a shooting spree. Bad move IMO. We're not cops (unless you are a cop!). Stopping perps is not our job.

A lot of people for the robber to deal with.

That's much better security footage than most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

There's chances in everything we do. He took a chance and it came out good. What if's are for people who hesitate. Hesitation loses.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DetChris View Post
    I hate to say it but he shouldn't have drawn. He's not a cop and the guy was on his way out. What if he missed and hit a bystander behind the BG? Or maybe the BG shoots back, drops him, gets mad and goes on a shooting spree. Bad move IMO. We're not cops (unless you are a cop!). Stopping perps is not our job.
    Milwaukee District Attorney John Chisholm holds a much different view:
    Aldi customer won't be charged in shooting
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

From the security footage, it seemed like no one was behind the BG.

I am not sure what I would have done in a situation like that. The BG's nervous and erratic behavior would make me uneasy. He was sweeping back and forth trying to keep eyes on everyone. As much as I would have wanted to just leave the scene, my conscious would have nagged me as I left. Even trying to leave, I would have wanted to have my weapon drawn down just to ensure my own safety. However, once the BG notices, it could turn out badly (for me).

Even if I did escape, I would be fine.. but what about everyone else. And if someone would have been injured, I might have felt like I could have prevented it. I know I don't have the social obligation to, I am not an officer of the law, but I am still a compassionate human being too.
    Smarshe and ericb327 like this.

Wow looks like he wasn't carrying with a chambered round and forgot to rack one in even while waiting in ambush? That could have cost him if the bad guy had decided to fight instead of run. Anyways I don't disagree with him engaging the robber with the way he was waving the gun around at everyone especially directly towards the clerk before he began to back out.
    Phaedrus likes this.

Who knows, on such a spree if he had gone on to rob another store he may have shot, hurt, or killed someone.
    ericb327, sid1, msgt/ret and 2 others like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    But there wasn't anyone behind the bad guy. In my home state of Kentucky lethal force would have been allowed in that situation. Not our job but they write the statutes that way for a reason. Maybe if you had actually been there you would see it differently. The good guy ended their robbery spree.
    sid1, Smarshe, Ghost1958 and 2 others like this.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Roost426 View Post
    Wow looks like he wasn't carrying with a chambered round and forgot to rack one in even while waiting in ambush? That could have cost him if the bad guy had decided to fight instead of run. Anyways I don't disagree with him engaging the robber with the way he was waving the gun around at everyone especially directly towards the clerk before he began to back out.
    Yes your right being new to conceal carry he didnt have one chambered. He now carries chambered and wants others to use this video as a learning tool. If you look at the time stamp it took 1:30 for this to go down.

What if...he should have...he shouldn't have...he could have...

It's over and the good guy won this one...the bad guy lost, end of story.

I'm not going to second guess anyone, I wasn't there.
    I would like to think that the good guy may just have saved some lives down the line.

I think it stinks that it took the State Attorney over a year to get the gun back to the good citizen.

Yet another reason I purchased TWO Glock-36's.
    BugDude, sid1, msgt/ret and 9 others like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    What if...he should have...he shouldn't have...he could have...

It's over and the good guy won this one...the bad guy lost, end of story.

I'm not going to second guess anyone, I wasn't there.
    I would like to think that the good guy may just have saved some lives down the line.

I think it stinks that it took the State Attorney over a year to get the gun back to the good citizen.
    I concur why did they retain possesion of his firearm so long? Seems completely unnecessary.
    ccw9mm, Ghost1958 and Freedom Doc like this.

I don't know what I would've done. Hopefully the same. I'm sure he felt like his life was in danger. Other decision making processes engage at that point I'm sure. Never been there.

He did the right thing.
    Freedom Doc likes this.

I'm still shaking my head at your comment...nobody is suggesting civilians try to be police officers...but defending people or a business being robbed is a matter of conscience to me. If you're afraid you might shoot someone by accident, then either train better or leave the gun at home and take your chances like much of society. Besides, I don't believe there was anyone behind the robber but the front exterior wall of the store.

Down here in Texas, many CHL holders have stopped robberies successfully and fir determined purpose.

Nobody has mentioned the GG's conscious and how he'll have to deal with shooting another person. In this case the robbery appears to be over and the BG is leaving without firing a shot. Did the GG have to shot? Legally apparently he had a right to shoot. Morally might be another matter. That's a choice we'll all have to make if the time comes like it did for him.
    Based on the video I wouldn't have shot. But he was there and made his choice.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links