NC taking small steps towards sanity...

This is a discussion on NC taking small steps towards sanity... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; North Carolina CCW laws are restrictive to say the least. New republican controlled state house, state senate and governor are trying to loosen things up ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: NC taking small steps towards sanity...

NC taking small steps towards sanity...

North Carolina CCW laws are restrictive to say the least. New republican controlled state house, state senate and governor are trying to loosen things up a bit.

Bill to allow carry in restaurants and bars if you don't consume alcohol. Also the ability to at least park your car on college campuses with your weapon locked in the vehicle.

House committee OKs bill allowing guns at college campuses, bars, restaurants :: WRAL.com
    Raleigh... Where Barney comes to Party...

Glock 27 for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23's for the home.

Call me Iggy. Only my mother calls me by my full given name.

2. Remove Ads

Restaurants are so common, that should have been allowed before this. I hope that legislation does pass, for you and all other legally CCWing citizens.
    ItalianSteel likes this.

Distinguished Member
    I hope this will pass soon.
    ItalianSteel likes this.
    "Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

Sig Sauer P250 2Sum 9mm, P250c 9mm - Glock 23 - Springfield Armory Loaded .45, XD Service 9mm - Ruger LCP, LCR, Smith & Wesson 638

NRA Member

Distinguished Member
    North Carolina is the Kalifornia of the south.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

I was born and raised in North Cackalacki, and still visit family there a bit. I hope it passes. Florida is very pro-gun...I'd like to see NC moving in the right direction. I hate having to disarm when we go out to eat up there.
    ItalianSteel likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    I was born there and my GF has talked about moving there someday. I told her I wouldn't do it until N.C. eased up on the gun restrictions.

TN is a far better choice.

VIP Member
    This has been tried for the last several years, hopefully this time it passes.
    ItalianSteel likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

I really hope this passes. I do not understand the restraunt thing. It's already established that your BAC has to be 0.0 while carrying in NC, so (hopefully) responsible citizens with CHP's will not be drinking anyway.
    ItalianSteel likes this.

I'm headed to NC in a few days for some performances in the Charlotte area. I was going to carry since NC honors my permit, but after reading their laws, it just seems like it will be more of a hassle than I'd feel like dealing with.

I guess it depends on how you do things. For me, the school property issue is my big one. Two young kids, so me and my wife are on and off property regularly. I just avoid restaurants that serve for the most part. Not that we eat out much. But I would love to see these pass. I need to send some emails. I've been slacking this year.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Yes! This would be nice if it passes. It seems that the legislation here has gotten more gun-friendly lately...we'll see if its friendly enough to open up our CCW rights some. At least to the point that I can carry and eat.
    ItalianSteel likes this.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    I am seriously hoping this passes. With the line up of our state govt I will be surprised if it doesn't, but there is always that nagging doubt. The school thing is the big issue for me. I think that the bill initially was written to allow campus carry if you have a permit and it got watered down. Since I work at a school and my wife is going to school, this is a very big deal for both of us. The restaurant and "places that charge admission" such as movie theaters thing is almost as bad.

VIP Member
    I took some action as requested on that site.
    ItalianSteel likes this.

I am really excited about this. I know a lot of people have been trying to avoid places that serve in order to stay armed but it's not right nor easy.

More and more 'casual' places are serving alcohol now. For example, Chipotle serves beer but it's almost a fast food type of place (in feel, not quality, it's delicious and healthy).

All family restaurants like your Ruby Tuesday's, TGIFs, Red Lobsters, and Japanese hibachi places all serve alcohol. It's really difficult to eat anywhere decent that doesn't serve.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    OP, I've got a daughter and sister in Charlotte, and a sister in Raleigh as well. Last time I was in Raleigh, there was a LEO/BG shoot out 15 minutes after I left a nice restaurant there. I, for one, would certainly appreciate the restaurant rule being relaxed.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Links