get a load of this Billboard

This is a discussion on get a load of this Billboard within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; this morning i was driving on a semi busy road. frm a distance i see a gun on a billboard. so on my way back ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: get a load of this Billboard

get a load of this Billboard

this morning i was driving on a semi busy road. frm a distance i see a gun on a billboard. so on my way back frm dropping off my cousin to work i pulled to the side of the road to read what they put about guns. it said 36% of homes have a dog (and next to tht was a dog)
    then it said 40% of homes have a gun (on the side of that they put a gun) then it said Ask if there is a gun where your children play.
    this brought to us buy www.askingsaveskids.org and www.ohioceasefire.org kinda looked like the pic i added but a lot bigger

I just would like to knw your thoughts on this billboard and these websites.

Since i asked i will answer first. i think tht the billboard sucks but i kinda like and dislike the idea of askingsaveskids.org. the parent part of me wants to make sure everything is safe but my daughter will knw wht to do if she sees a gun. the other part of me is saying it really is non of your concearn if i have a fire arm or not. also ohioceasefire.org is a bunch of bs. tht is all i have to say about tht site.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by elrey718; November 12th, 2006 at 01:08 PM. Reason: added pic
    “Do you have any idea how hard it would be to live with yourself if your loved ones were attacked and killed, and you had to stand there helplessly because you were unprepared for that day?”

Ricardo

2. Remove Ads

Just another fear tactic by the anti group.
    One should never confuse good fortune with good training.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum.
    In God we trust.

If I can't trust people with a gun, then I won't trust them with my kid either, therefore asking is frickin pointless.
    Stupid gun grabbing BS.

I look at the billboard like this. 40 % of homes know a gun is better than a dog for protection.
    There are 10 types of people in the world:
    Those who understand binary, and those that don't.

VIP Member
    I'd say 4% of gun owners aren't totally prepared. That or their living situation precludes having a 4 legged intrusion alarm.

That and of course 60% of homes aren't prepared at all. This bodes well for my alternate SHTF coping scenario.

I guess it is a matter of perspective. Mine has always been somewhat different than many others.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

Lead Moderator
    I wonder how many kids die from dog attacks compared to gun accidents.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    I wonder how many kids die from dog attacks compared to gun accidents.

My thought exactly!
    Sean
    XD 9SC | XD 45ACP Service | XD 45ACP Compact |Borealis
    "You may know where you are. God may know where you are. If you don't tell your dispatcher where you are, you'd better be on speaking terms with God!"

VIP Member
    Problem is most legal/official kid aged kids killed by guns were participating in gang warfare.

"Nice Beretta" is all i see. :)

60% of homes DON'T have guns??? I think the billboard is broadcasting to criminals that they have better than average odds breaking and entering.
    -------------
    Walther1

Life, liberty, and the pursuit of the ultimate CC gun!

Quote Originally Posted by Old Chief View Post
    Just another fear tactic by the anti group.
    Exactly. Another way to scare the into thinking that gun = accidental shooting.
    If you want to play the statistics game, about 60% of homes in America have a flight of stairs, about 85% of homes in America have working electrical sockets, and darn near everyone has a bathroom with a working bathtub. Are you telling me that kids falling down stairs, sticking things in electrical sockets, or slipping in the tub happen less frequiently (and therefore, less likely to hurt someone) than a handgun?

You wouldn't tell people to get rid of their tubs, stop using stairs, and cut off the electricity. No! you would tell them the number one rule of being a parent is to be RESPONSIBLE. Keep an eye out and make sure the kids don't get into trouble, or if they do, know they can come to you to resolve the situation. Firearms are NOT exempt from responsiblity.

Razorblade,

You cut the heart right out of that billboard's false pretense! You are dead on.

Actually it sends me the message that cute cuddly dogs = good therefore guns = good
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

I'll throw in a +1 for Razor also. My thoughts exactly!

How many kids are killed EACH day in the US by motor vehicles? When do we start coming up with legislation to keep dangerous vehicles out of people's hands and off our streets? If it's really about keeping kids safe, go all the way or don't go at all.

In browsing through the sites that were listed I saw not one point anywhere on those pages where EDUCATING kids about the proper respect and safe handling of firearms would be a possible benefit. Education... now there's an idea!!
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

Assistant Administrator
    Wouldn't be that hard to promote NRA "Eddie the Eagle'' - not my idea of ideal but still potentially useful.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links