Jumping for joy!

Jumping for joy!

This is a discussion on Jumping for joy! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My wife just sent me a message saying she wants to get her CCP! When I first met my wife she was 100% against guns, ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sixgun

Thread: Jumping for joy!

Jumping for joy!

My wife just sent me a message saying she wants to get her CCP! When I first met my wife she was 100% against guns, then I took her shooting and she ended up buying a gun, the next week. I carry 99% of the time. When I first started carrying she didn't understand it, then I almost needed it one day and she was glad I had it. Now she sees it's a crazy world out there and she wants to carry. Such a proud day for me! Just thought I would share.

And BTW, she is a darn great shot so I have not a worry in the world about her shooting.

Sounds like good news. My wife and I took the same CCW class and applied cor ourpermits at the same time. Now her and I have our permits and I started carrying already. I think I have her gun till I can find a shield. I carry a Taurus TCP in my back pocket. So small it is easliy carried everyday. I might get so use to it it might become mine and I might have to buy her another one. LOL
    "The key to freedom is the ability to defend yourself"

I was thinking about a .380 for the summer time, sounds like you like the Taurus TCP then. I was thinking of a Ruger .380.

Good for you. I wish my wife would come around and start to like guns and shooting more.
    Kennydale likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hi_altitude View Post
    I was thinking about a .380 for the summer time, sounds like you like the Taurus TCP then. I was thinking of a Ruger .380.
    I am not a Taurus fan, but wen I compared the 2 they Taurus had a better trigger and was $110.00 cheaper...SOLD I said.
    "The key to freedom is the ability to defend yourself"

VIP Member

Yeah!
    Now, go slow so you don't create a monster, as they have sooooo much fun, they have a penchant for shooting up all YOUR ammo in a hurry!

And remember, teach the basics and first and foremost, safe firearms handling.

Jeff Cooper's Rules of Gun Safety
    RULE I: ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED
    RULE II: NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO DESTROY
    RULE III: KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET
    RULE IV: BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post

Yeah!
    Now, go slow so you don't create a monster, as they have sooooo much fun, they have a penchant for shooting up all YOUR ammo in a hurry!

And remember, teach the basics and first and foremost, safe firearms handling.

Jeff Cooper's Rules of Gun Safety
    RULE I: ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED
    RULE II: NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO DESTROY
    RULE III: KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET
    RULE IV: BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET
    Oh, don't worry. She already shoots all of my ammo, and guns, except the hunting rifles. And she knows all the rules. However there won't be much shooting as we can't find a box of any ammo anywhere! Only been shooting some reloads now and then.

Sponsored Links