First timer here, did I make a mistake? Printing issue

This is a discussion on First timer here, did I make a mistake? Printing issue within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello everyone, I got my CPL in the mail a few days ago, and my holster in the mail today. I took it out for ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: First timer here, did I make a mistake? Printing issue

Hello everyone, I got my CPL in the mail a few days ago, and my holster in the mail today. I took it out for a test run today.

It's a CZ P-01 in a High Noon Slide Guard with their Rock Steady belt. I figured if I spent the money, I wouldn't end up with the box full of holsters. I like the set-up, it's comfortable and all, but it is almost impossible for me to conceal it well.

Anytime I'm doing anything besides standing up straight, either the butt of the grip prints, or the entire grip prints. The grip just seems to stick out too much. I have wider hips, and that is why I went with OWB. My pants are already tight on the sides.

Any recommendations? Thanks!

Pictures added 4/26/13

3:00. Works the best for concealing, but is the least comfortable.

4:00. I expected it to lay flat against my body. When I move it back further it still sticks out like this.

4:00 and back will give me this if I'm doing anything but standing. The holster itself tilts away from my body in the 5:00 postion.

Last edited by DerMeister; April 26th, 2013 at 11:35 PM.

Have you tried it at 4:00 - 4:30?

4:00-4:30 is where the grip prints really badly.

3:00 is where I've worn it today and it prints the least, but there is a prominent bulge on my side because of my wider hips.

You didn't say what you're wearing for shirts, but start by wearing one size larger than normal.

Also, wear dark-colored shirts. Light colors show the shadows which reveal the gun's outline.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

VIP Member
    I'm guessing your prominent bulge is more a factor of your holster and you clothing than of your hips.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    You didn't say what you're wearing for shirts, but start by wearing one size larger than normal.

Also, wear dark-colored shirts. Light colors show the shadows which reveal the gun's outline.
    I've been wearing a larger shirt, and have tried on several larger shirts that I already have. Most of them were black too. The issue was that by the time I put something on large enough to conceal the gun decently, it was oddly large for me. One size larger than normal, and the butt still prints.

Thicker jackets work well, but wearing a winter jacket can conceal anything. I'm kind of frustrated to have half of my closet thrown about the bedroom with basically no options for summer carry. I have a feeling that this holster isn't going to work with my body. The grip just points out way too much.

VIP Member
    That particular holster appears to ride very high, which is something I have never been able to make work for me.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

And that, my friend, is why "holster drawers" are not just a gunwriter's idle cliche. Welcome to the club.
    rocky, ppkheat, Aceoky and 3 others like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

First timer hear, did I make a mistake?

Yes, you should have used the word 'here', not 'hear'.

Other than that I can only suggest Hawaiian shirts. Lots of pattern to hide printing.
    Also, I prefer my IWB to my OWB holster. It holds it much closer to the body. I like my Crossbreed Supertuck. I actually like my Blackhawk OWB too, but only when wearing a jacket that I won't be taking off.
    lionround likes this.

Try (IWB) appendix carry. Or IWB 4:30. Sometimes I have togo as far as 6:00. And if I summer carry in jeans it almost always an anke rig.
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 1911
    Glock 20
    Kel-Tec P-11
    Stag Arms 2T
    Benelli m2

"Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you"
    "CAPITALISM IS BOSS"  Andrew Wilkow

Simply get larger shirts...as we age, we tend to fill them up anyway.

Really, go a size larger...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Sadly, sometimes you really do have to try a number of rigs 'til you find what works for you. You can try a different holster, change your clothes or change the gun. None of these are free, some are expensive. I generally carry IWB and that's what works for me.

Good luck! You'll find something that works for you.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Does your holster have any forward can't , at 4:30-5:00 it puts the butt of gun in the small of you back. I am 5' 10" 150 and carry a m&p 40 full size in a galco super tuck holster with no issues,but do wear my shirts one size larger.

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post

I agree with gasmitty....
    I Love Guns!!!

It looks like you may need something with a bit more leather (wider) to help form the holster to your body. An IWB is the next logical step to explore if the Slideguard isn't doing the trick - I love my CBST.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links