Carry at Professional Sporting Events

This is a discussion on Carry at Professional Sporting Events within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Do you typically carry when you go to professional sporting events? I go to MLB baseball and NHL hockey games in Boston often, and would ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Carry at Professional Sporting Events

Carry at Professional Sporting Events

Do you typically carry when you go to professional sporting events? I go to MLB baseball and NHL hockey games in Boston often, and would like to carry but never do since the stadiums and arenas here all have no firearm policies, and they do frisk/wand (as as you might expect, this done with more vigor since the Marathon bombing). Even though it's not technically illegal to do so, I don't want the headache.

Is this the case pretty much everywhere (no carrying allowed in ballparks, etc.) around the country? I'm sure I could try to research this state by state, stadium by stadium...but not looking for a project

2. Remove Ads

It's illegal to carry to professional sporting events here in Texas. Our law states this

Quote Originally Posted by PC 46.035. UNLAWFUL CARRYING OF HANDGUN BY LICENSE HOLDER.
    (2) on the premises where a high school, collegiate, or professional sporting event or interscholastic event is taking place, unless the license holder is a participant in the event and a handgun is used in the event;

Senior Moderator
    I haven't been to a pro sporting event (beside minor league baseball) in over a decade. I would suggest that you check your local and state laws, and then the polices of the stadium or arena where the event is being held.

This should inform you are your carry options
    oneshot and DaveH like this.
    Sometimes I wonder who the old man in the mirror is....

Lord, Grant me a good sword and no need to use it.

I carry to the MLB games here even though its against the stadium rules, I don't feel safe walking the dark streets downtown back to my car post game unless I have one of my little buddies along.

Can not do it in my state if there are 2500 seats or more...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Can not do it in my state if there are 2500 seats or more...
    This ^^^^. Wish i could though.
    NRA Life Member
    R1200RT
    Remember, math is your friend not your enemy!

Illegal in Florida too so I stopped going to them. Let's face it, stadiums are often located in the low income areas because land is cheaper there. I saw my share of fights outside and inside stadiums growing up.
    The Old Gunhand - all the best gun news in one place.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Dog View Post
    Illegal in Florida too so I stopped going to them. Let's face it, stadiums are often located in the low income areas because land is cheaper there. I saw my share of fights outside and inside stadiums growing up.
    true. The old Amway Arena in Orlando was smack dab in the middle of the hood. The new Amway Center is a little better, and metal detectors are present
    at the door, so my Magic games are unarmed.

....as you stated, not legal to carry to organized sporting events under the Florida Statutes.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Illegal here plus gun buster signs.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Quote Originally Posted by Roost426 View Post
    I carry to the MLB games here even though its against the stadium rules, I don't feel safe walking the dark streets downtown back to my car post game unless I have one of my little buddies along.
    Just curious what happens if you were to get caught? Where I live, I have no doubt a person would be arrested since it is against Fla Statues.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

The nearest professional sports arena to me is in Washington D.C. Need I say more?
    USM1976 and DaveH like this.
    "The time is now near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be freemen or slaves."
    ------------------------------------ George Washington 1776
    Gun free zones
    are safe havens-
    FOR CRIMINALS

In California those entering get frisked. No weapons permitted.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    ....as you stated, not legal to carry to organized sporting events under the Florida Statutes.
    What the FL statute 790.06 actually says about prohibiting firearms for sporting events is: "Any school, college, or professional athletic event not related to firearms"; not "organized" sports events. It would still be legal at Little League, PeeWee football, etc.
    zonker1986 and bigmacque like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

In Michigan, sports arenas of any kind (even t-ball) are gun free zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfuelrm View Post
    Just curious what happens if you were to get caught? Where I live, I have no doubt a person would be arrested since it is against Fla Statues.
    Here in Mass, as I understand the law, there is no risk of arrest, however, you may get your LTC pulled based on "suitability" by the licensing authority (Chief of Police) if he is contacted by the Boston Police on how you tried to carry into Fenway Park where they have a policy of "no firearms". The Chief could determine you are no longer a suitable person.

And the even bigger problem is you can't even possess a handgun in Mass. without a License to Carry!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links