Girlfriend Taking Her CHL (TX) Class Tomorrow

This is a discussion on Girlfriend Taking Her CHL (TX) Class Tomorrow within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just what the title says. Tomorrow, my girlfriend is taking her CHL classroom/range qualification for her TX CHL application. She is taking a female oriented ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By OldGringo

Thread: Girlfriend Taking Her CHL (TX) Class Tomorrow

Just what the title says. Tomorrow, my girlfriend is taking her CHL classroom/range qualification for her TX CHL application. She is taking a female oriented (female students only) and female taught (at least in part, the instructors are a husband and wife pair) class, which I think is perfect. She isn't really new to guns, she grew up in the South and her dad has a large collections, mostly long guns (bolt rifles and sporting shotguns) but some handguns too.

She has shot with me numerous times and tried all my guns except my most recent acquisition (HK) and also recently purchased her own M&P9c. She is going to use her gun to qualify and will do so with no problem I expect. As of now, that is her HD gun (and only gun when I'm not around, we don't live together), in the ensuing 2 months or so it will take for her permit to come she may or may not get a smaller CC gun, possibly an LC9/Nano or something in that size. Another thread I posted recently was about the LCR, I've been thinking of buying one for myself and some of the questions I asked were asked with her using it in mind also, mainly the questions about the use of full power .357 magnum in a gun that size. I'm undecided still on it, but that's a totally different topic.

Anyway, just wanted to share, I will feel better in general when she can carry more than just OC spray with her. It's funny, she is about the last person you would expect to be carrying a gun. She is very athletic but is not the tomboy type at all really, she's a fashion blogger and knows about designer everything the same we we know about guns so that gives you an idea!

Good for her! She won't regret it. I've just had mine for a week or so and love that I can protect myself and my kids. I have a db9, pink, and I love it. It's super easy to conceal too. I have the betty holster (looper brand) and I am in love. But hubby just bought me a Springfield XD 9 today :) can't wait for it to come in. I'm excited to have different hand guns for different situations. I hope she enjoys her class!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    My hope and prayer is that everyone know and love our country for what she really is and what she stands for.
    ― John Wayne

Glad to hear she's getting it. If she likes the M&P9c, she should check out the Shield too for a smaller option. And if she's the fashion type, be careful about mentioning gun coatings. You don't want to give her any ideas just yet.

Congrats to her. Now you have to mind your Ps and Qs.
    If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Quote Originally Posted by F350_6 View Post
    Glad to hear she's getting it. If she likes the M&P9c, she should check out the Shield too for a smaller option. And if she's the fashion type, be careful about mentioning gun coatings. You don't want to give her any ideas just yet.
    Oh she knows all about the girly colored guns, she thinks they look stupid on guns and made fun of me for thinking the M&P VTAC looks cool, in her exact words "you mean the vomit color one?".

Congrats to the lady. Got to love our Texas women!
    MJB_17 likes this.
    Regards,
    OldGringo
    Thin Blue Line - LEMC
    Victory Riders Association
    Patriot Guard Riders
    "Standing for those who stood for us"

Quote Originally Posted by OldGringo View Post
    Congrats to the lady. Got to love our Texas women!
    Haha very true, she's actually a TN native but has been here for awhile. She's taking the class right now, I'll post how it went probably sometime in the next couple days.

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    Good for her we need as many good guys and gals out there as we can get. This just makes us one person stronger.

The good news: She completed her course and got her CHL 100 form, her complete application will be mailed to Austin on Monday.

The bad news: The "instructors" were terrible.

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by F350_6 View Post
    Excellent recommendation. The Shield is a truly excellent carry gun. Thin, better trigger than the rest of the M&P line, much better trigger than the LC9, any of the Kahr's, or the Nano, at least for me, comfortable to shoot, and it's reliable as gravity. It's the only gun I regret selling. I may buy another one when they are more readily available.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Sponsored Links