Defensive Carry banner

Which Do You Carry? REVOLVER or SEMI-AUTO?

Revolver v. Semi-Auto

6K views 61 replies 54 participants last post by  mastercapt 
#1 ·
Just curious as to how many out there are using a revolver as part of their CC amory.

:wave:

#8 ·
For some reason, I got a bug up my crawl and decided to consider adding a revolver to my arsenal. It would be primarily for CC. I feel perfectly safe with my Semi-Autos, but the wind shifted so now I'm looking at revolvers.

Reactions: sixgun
#6 ·
Semi auto only..

Reactions: Wreckr
#7 ·
Semi auto...very few exceptions...

#9 ·
I don't carry regularly, but I'm thinking about picking up a S&W j-frame as a ccw. When in bear country, I carry a revolver. I answered 'neither' because I carry so rarely, but I suppose 'revolver' might have worked for me too.

I've never been in a gunfight as a civilian, so it's hard to see where I 'need' more firepower than a model 649. Plus I like the simple reliability of a revolver.

#16 ·
Semi Auto only. The only revolver I'm interested in would be the Colt Python...Now that a bad ass gun!!

#17 ·
i love to carry revolvers you never have to worry about a jam maybe a dud round just pull the trigger once more and you will hear that bang if I had a revolver holding like 8 or more rounds and the size mine are id only carry revolvers how ever its not that simple I almost always have my carry revolver on me as a bug most of the time with 2 speed strips ive got a 5 shot snub and a colt I don't carry. much older than I gift from my pops revolvers almost always go bang but for more security I carry a glock 27 as my primary but I love revolvers

#19 ·
I'm of the opinion that a decently maintained modern auto-loader is about as reliable as a revolver. However I still prefer to carry revolvers. I also carry auto's from time to time... But I always have a revolver. I carry a "J" or a "K" framed smith, or sometimes a colt D/S. These guns in particular feel right in my hand. I can defend myself up close, and contact distance. Or I can defend myself at twenty paces. IMO The chance of an N/D or an A/D is fer less in a revolver. But I'm just making excuses... I just like revolvers. But that thing about making contact shots is very important to me. And I can shoot a revolver through clothing, or a bag. And revolvers are much easier to control in a fight (Wrestling match).

#21 ·
I dont have a revolver at the moment but an sp 101 in 357 is on the get list. If I had it now it would be my edc with 125 gr jhp vs the 40 i carry now. Unless of course I would be carrying both, which knowing me I probably would be :rolleyes:

#24 ·
Picked up an LCR sat .... love the simplicity.... but I do carry a semi as well...sometimes both at the same time

#26 ·
I carry a revolver. I know that it's old fashioned and nowhere near as glamorous as a sharp semi-auto. I have several of those too. But with the revolver, I never have a failure to feed, failure to eject, or failure period. Pull the trigger and it goes bang. If it should not go bang, pull the trigger again. What are the odds the second round won't go bang? Revolvers are composed of round shapes. They conceal easily and they don't dig into your skin like the beavertail on a semi-auto. I can tuck a fourteen ounce .357 snubby in my pocket and hardly know it's there. However, to each his own. Some people swear by semi-autos. It's nice to have a variety of choices.

#27 ·
I just recently started carrying a revolver in addition to a 1911 of some sort. I have to say that between my S&W 640 and my 3" Kimber UC, even though they are almost the same size the Smith conceals more easily and carries more comfortably.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.