CCW for Realtors in CA?

CCW for Realtors in CA?

This is a discussion on CCW for Realtors in CA? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am going to be moving back to California soon and was wondering if any Realtors there have had any luck getting their CCW. I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: CCW for Realtors in CA?

CCW for Realtors in CA?

I am going to be moving back to California soon and was wondering if any Realtors there have had any luck getting their CCW. I will be in North San Diego county, specifically Oceanside. Thanks for any info.

Good luck to you. I don't think it is impossible, but your are going to find it very very improbable to obtain a CCW down there. If San Diego is the only place that you have the opportunity move to as your place of work then that is what you're going to have to deal with. Just do a quick Google search for "California CCW map by county" and you will find a map that will give you the likelihood of getting a CCW shown by each county.

I personally don't know any realtors who's primary address is in San Diego. I live up in the north half of the state but there are some members here that live in the southern half down there that may be able to help you more. And welcome to the forum.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

I know that it won't be easy but that's where life is taking me. Thanks for the info.

Get a taser, or pepper spray. Laws are getting worst here no improvements at all. Money handlers, LE, and that's about it for ccw
    NRA member
    2 pistols, 3 calibers.

Google Team Billy Jack. They assist in that type of stuff. I have not heard positive things about that county, but a member here claimed to have one a little while back. Good luck!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Distinguished Member Array oldman45's Avatar
    Best of luck to you. It is better you than me. I have been there (Santee) and could not get out of there fast enough. How many of your guns will be illegal in CA? That is a consideration. For me, I am so Pro 2nd and so pro firearm, I would change jobs before I moved to any place in CA. BUT San DIego is the more conservative area of CA.

Hope the change works good for you.

Also, Welcome to the forum.
    A 9mm might expand but a .45acp never shrinks.

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    An official "good reason" for isuing a CCW in CA is a realtor who shows properties after normal business hours.That said, you are moving into the "No Zone", good luck. Your best bet is to establish residence in western Riverside County, like Elsinore to Temecula and just deal with the commute, armed.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

If you get your CCW....make sure you don't use lead bullets or you may get a trial by jurors who are not US Citizens.
    jackson85746 and Sister like this.
    "The key to freedom is the ability to defend yourself"

A. May I suggest another state to move to?? (you said CCW)
    B. please see above...

communist California is...oh wait! just like communist Colorado!!

IMO..you want to CCW in Cali...good luck
    Sister likes this.

Distinguished Member
    Just wanted to let those out of California know not all of the State is like SanDiego, SanFrancisco, and Los Angeles. I live in a rural county in north east california and the Sheriff issues to all that are not prohibited.

There are some great places left to live in California just not those three areas but they get all the press.
    goldmaster likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by manolito View Post
    Just wanted to let those out of California know not all of the State is like SanDiego, SanFrancisco, and Los Angeles. There are some great places left to live in California just not those three areas but they get all the press.
    Shhh! What they don't know won't hurt us.

Distinguished Member Array oldman45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by manolito View Post
    Just wanted to let those out of California know not all of the State is like SanDiego, SanFrancisco, and Los Angeles. I live in a rural county in north east california and the Sheriff issues to all that are not prohibited.

There are some great places left to live in California just not those three areas but they get all the press.
    I would likely agree with some of this. But does the permit your sheriff issues you allow carry in San Francisco, Los Angles and San Diego as well as the rest of the state? Have you gotten your statewide carry permit yet?

Yes there are some nice places in CA and some beautiful scenery. But it is a liberal state that only allows certain guns and will not issue state wide permits but to very few wealthy people.
    A 9mm might expand but a .45acp never shrinks.

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Quote Originally Posted by oldman45 View Post
    I would likely agree with some of this. But does the permit your sheriff issues you allow carry in San Francisco, Los Angles and San Diego as well as the rest of the state? SNIP.
    Yes it does, and most of the County Sheriffs will issue to anyone who is a "person of good moral character" as defined by law.
    mprp likes this.

Oldman, any ccw issued by your counties IA is good anywhere in the state of ca. I believe you are referring to the pistol roster in ca when you say "illegal" , that only applies to pistols being sold by an FFL. Ppt, and moving into state has nothing to do with the roster of approved handguns. He can bring any handgun here he wants, mags are a different story. Any county with a beach is liberal, counties without a beach can be essentially "shall issue" such as the county I live in, el dorado.
    mprp likes this.

When you go, better make sure the gun you take into that country (California) is legal.
    Hate to see you take gun from a free state and go to jail.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links