Another Day and Another ...... Wait - Page 2

Another Day and Another ...... Wait

This is a discussion on Another Day and Another ...... Wait within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ...and now you are a sheepdog......

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another Day and Another ...... Wait

...and now you are a sheepdog...

Here's a tidbit from the Utah Department of Criminal Identification website.

At the bottom of the above linked page is a note that says the average waiting period is 67 days and that there are only 5 employees assigned to the BCI department.

So I'm 79 days and still waiting... But if I give them credit for the time between when I mailed it and when they cashed my check, then it's only 70 days and counting

So, based on the figures supplied on that page, I came up with about 12.5 applications per employee per day being processed. That's about 1.5 apps per work day hour per processor.

I'm guessing that there's more to processing an app than typing it into a database.

It does seem as though the "shall issue" is becoming more like "eventually issue" as more people catch on to CCW.

I just think that at least the Utah office is quickly getting swamped.
    "A government is the most dangerous threat to man's rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims." - Ayn Rand, The Nature of Government, 1964

Senior Member Array ElMonoDelMar's Avatar
    3 days and counting for both my UT and PA permits. :)

Aarrgh!

I screwed up when I moved and forwarded my mail. I should've just called Utah immediately once I knew my new address.

Now I know what "RETURN SERVICE REQUESTED" means when it's stamped on the outside of an envelope by the sender; it means Do Not Forward! Live and learn.

So I called Utah, and sure enough, my permit bounced back to them from my old address.

The woman on the phone at BCI was very patient and helpful, updated my information, and said it would be in the mail on Monday.

74 and counting

Distinguished Member Array mavrik46's Avatar
    I filled out my application online and then printed it out. Went by the Sherriff's office, gave them the app and $20. 10 minutes later I was having my pic taken and 10 minutes after that, I was walking out with my permit.

Senior Member Array mech1369dlw's Avatar
    at least all you guys waiting know you have something coming. we here in kansas cant even get it till 1 Jan. at the earliest.. Lots of apps have been in since 1 july but i dont know of anyone that has been contacted about anything yet. sposed to send us a letter we take to the DMV and get our pic taken, then they issue. guess they gonna wait till 1 minute before midnight on new year eve before they contact us.

And the Utah permit finally arrives.

I think my address forwarding screw up cost me an additional 2 weeks, so if I give them credit for that time, it took 80 days from the time they cashed my check till the permit should have arrived in the mail.

Went to Wally World... there was a Subway, so opted for salad (I can feel my gut pressing on the butt of my Colt).

BTW: Winchester .45 FMJ box of 100 for $22.27 Birmingham Wally World price.
    "A government is the most dangerous threat to man's rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims." - Ayn Rand, The Nature of Government, 1964

It only took me about 10 days to get my card in the mail for my PA permit. I guess it just depends on demand and the state that you are requesting your permit from. I assume it takes a lot longer for non residents but if you hang in there it will come.

Utah Permits - Beware !

I spoke with a senior legislator a few weeks ago and he said during the next legislative session next year a cost increase will most likely happen for non-resident permits. This will help with database costs and to hire more people to get the permits out faster. Because BCI has been overwhelmed with CFPs they have had a hard time keeping up on other responsiblies such as background checks on school teachers.
    The Dragon has time and experience. Maturity has given him knowledge, strength, skill, wisdom and inner peace.
    Glock 26 Certified Glock Armorer
    Mossberg 590 12 ga.

I've been waiting 9 months to just get an interview in Ca. I was just told to call back in Feb 07.

"within 90 days they send a "flash pack" to you in the mail saying go to the sheriffs office to pick up the permit. thats where i am now ( last stage), he said it should be 3-4 weeks.."

Robere: enjoy that last trip to the Sherriff's office.

I've had my PA permit so I remember what it was like waiting and I just sent in my FL permit application so I'm doing it all over again.
    There are over 550 million firearms in worldwide circulation. That's one firearm for every twelve people on the planet. The only question is: How do we arm the other 11? (Yuri Orlov [Nicolas Cage] Lord of War)

Wow, must be nice to get them so quickly. Filed on 7/7. They called my 4 references 4 weeks ago, hoping to get it within another month.
    On the bright side, good for life in NY!

Here in Georgia I waited over 120 days for mine to arrive. Of course the law says it should take only 60, but evidently the Probate Judge and the Sherriff's Office don't care about the law.. Strange, eh?
    Proud Georgia Firearms Licensee
    Springfield Armory XD-9 Subcompact
    Seecamp LWS32
    Browning Buckmark
    Walther P22
    Bersa Thunder 380

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links