CCWSAFE.com - Anybody Have Experience With This?

This is a discussion on CCWSAFE.com - Anybody Have Experience With This? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I currently have legal "insurance" through Texas Law Shield. Anybody have experience with CCWSAFE? On paper, it appears to be a better program, and less ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: CCWSAFE.com - Anybody Have Experience With This?

CCWSAFE.com - Anybody Have Experience With This?

I currently have legal "insurance" through Texas Law Shield.

Anybody have experience with CCWSAFE? On paper, it appears to be a better program, and less expensive.

Thanks!

Always Carry, Never Tell
    S&W Shield 9mm
    Ruger LCP .380
    NRA Member
    Certified NRA Instructor

2. Remove Ads

I've done some (medical) legal consulting for the attorneys that own CCW Safe... They are intense, gun-owning, hardcore individuals who are serious about gun rights and are damn good lawyers. When I finally get my CCW that's going to be my first move. They have yet to get a real 'shoot' case (just a couple of folks needing help with their CCW, etc) but I could tell by talking to them a few months back they're itching to 'get into the fight' and help one of their clients... Gonna get a membership for me and the wife. MONEY WELL SPENT.

Just heard a Satellite radio ad for these guys on the Mark Levine Show. Then I looked them up when I got home. This actually seems like a pretty good deal and a very good idea.

I think we might get the dual membership for my wife and I.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I have a membership with them and have talked to them a couple of times. I've never had to use them and hope I never do but seems to be a good thing to have.
    TN_Mike likes this.

Just heard the ad for the first time myself on Sirius NASCAR radio. Surprised there isn't more feedback here one way or the other, unless they are a new service. Very intriguing to say the least. Could end up being money well spent. Seems like an insurance of sorts that includes legal counsell. Like any insurance, I hope I would never need it, and I'm sure that's how they make their money. But if its a legit service, seems like a wise choice for those who couldn't otherwise afford good defense in those situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianthin View Post
    Just heard the ad for the first time myself on Sirius NASCAR radio. Surprised there isn't more feedback here one way or the other, unless they are a new service. Very intriguing to say the least. Could end up being money well spent. Seems like an insurance of sorts that includes legal counsell. Like any insurance, I hope I would never need it, and I'm sure that's how they make their money. But if its a legit service, seems like a wise choice for those who couldn't otherwise afford good defense in those situations.
    Important to note that it is not insurance (as stated on their FAQ). They provide legal representation through all phases, but they do not cover/pay for any civil or criminal judgements that may be levied against you.

Quote Originally Posted by Yardboy View Post
    Important to note that it is not insurance (as stated on their FAQ). They provide legal representation through all phases, but they do not cover/pay for any civil or criminal judgements that may be levied against you.
    Good point. But even if it covered just legal fees it could be a huge savings. And if the shooting is ruled justified, any other penalties wouldn't likely apply.

Just because the shooting may be justified and you are not found guilty in CRIMINAL court, does not mean the family or related parties of the victim can't take you to CIVIL court. More than likely they will and you may have to pay for some sort of damages or loss. I am not a lawyer however and I'm sure someone with a little more knowledge will elaborate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Christopher67 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by barnstormer View Post
    Just because the shooting may be justified and you are not found guilty in CRIMINAL court, does not mean the family or related parties of the victim can't take you to CIVIL court. More than likely they will and you may have to pay for some sort of damages or loss. I am not a lawyer however and I'm sure someone with a little more knowledge will elaborate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not true in FL. If the shooting is found to be justified you are immune for any civil Acton.
    RadarContact likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Jaeger's Avatar
    St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    Quote Originally Posted by Yardboy View Post
    That may be on purpose, or rather not a bad thing for many people. If there is insurance money available you are more likely to get sued than if just your legal bills are paid for. Absence of an obese hogs posterior to be cut by trial atorneys reduces their willingness to take frivolous cases, because there is no incentive to settle.
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    Every state has some sort of "insurance commissioner." It might be worth making some inquiries to these folks to
    find out if the company is lawfully operating as an insurance company. If they are, then you can proceed to decide
    if the premiums are worth the potential benefits and services.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by flphotog View Post
    Not true in FL. If the shooting is found to be justified you are immune for any civil Acton.
    I didn't know that. I read in another thread that Texas is the same way. Here in South Dakota I'm not sure it's that way. I guess a little research may be in order to learn how your respective state does things.

Kentucky is the same way, but I know not all states are like that. Look at OJ. He was found guilty but still lost the civil suit.
    Kentucky Dept of Criminal Justice Training Certified Firearms Instructor in Carrying Concealed Deadly Weapons
    www.MakeReadyDefense.com
    NRA Recruiter

Same for NC .

Anyone else have any more info on this?

http://ccwsafe.com/

https://www.facebook.com/ccwsafe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links