Easier to conceal my gun

Easier to conceal my gun

This is a discussion on Easier to conceal my gun within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am at 80 pounds lost now, I weigh 185 pounds. I started at 265 pounds. That means I am a mere 20 pounds from ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Easier to conceal my gun

I am at 80 pounds lost now, I weigh 185 pounds. I started at 265 pounds. That means I am a mere 20 pounds from my target weight of 165. That would make 100 pounds total lost when I get there.

I have noticed that it is MUCH easier to conceal my gun. For instance, Saturday night was the first weekend night after my daughters birthday so she wanted to go to the mall and spend her birthday money (no matter what Dad said about saving up for her first XD in 9 years ) and I decided to try something.

As usual for me when we go to the mall or other large public place near Memphis I conceal my gun so as to not alarm the sheeple. So I wore my usual light button up shirt, unbuttoned, as a cover garment. It is a dark blue short sleeved shirt with sailboat blueprints on it.

About halfway through the evening, my wife asked me if I was carrying. She knows I always carry, even at home, so I thought it was odd that she would ask me. She said she asked because she could not detect even the slight bump on my right hip that the XD usually makes. I told he to feel for it and there it was, in its usual spot.

Then I told her to feel on the left hip as well and she looked puzzled as she felt my left hip and felt the full size Taurus PT-99 there in it's holster. I can now easily hide a full sized or subcompact gun, or both at the same time!

I will not be switching to 2 gun carry but just wanted to try to see how hard it would be to conceal 2 guns. It was not hard at all.

AThe battle of the buldge (what little there is left of it) goes on....
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    PT,

Congrats on your contuined sucess in loosing weight,

Sounds like you are about my size now, I can agree, I'm carrying a G21 fullsize Glock even in an office with others standing next to me at the copier.

A great feeling, isn't it.

A young girl save money, That's a good one.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

Assistant Administrator
    Further congrats on the weight shedding - truly impressive to put it mildly Much Kudos.

It has to be a fact tho for sure - our relative size/weight/proportion ratio must have a major effect on ease of carry, well - concealment. I may have mentioned before that I am fortunate mostly for shape, being relatively narrow waist and broad above - so garments fall naturally over a slight space and so negligable printing problem even with full size.

I still weigh in at 200# or so but that is no problem because of the way everything sits - tho I could do without a bit of the extra real estate at front !!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    Excellent job PT!!! I'm very happy to hear of your success!

I've lost some weight too since February (just over 20 Lbs.) and dropped from a tight-fitting sized 34 (some pants are 35's to facilitate carrying IWB holstered guns) to a 32 (some cuts are 31). I've found it easier to conceal firearms as well.

Good luck there in your goal to get to 165....mine is to get to 155 (I'm currently 167 - 165 depending on the time of day).
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

yeah PT congrats on the weight loss

I've never quite understood the reasoning behind the belief that a lot of people seem to have that it is easier for a big guy to conceal a gun than for a skinny guy. To me, just the opposite makes more sense--the skinny guy doesn't have all that meat pushing the gun out where everybody can see it.

VIP Member
    That's encouraging! Great job!

I was reading in another forum about carrying at 0100... actually, I could conceal my shooter rather well at 0100, I'd just drop my gut over it! SHEESH!

Keep up the good work bro!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Lead Moderator
    Congrats. Glad to hear it is working for you.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

VIP Member
    Mike, congratulations on being a mere shadow of your former self! You are an inspiration to those of use who still need to take off a few pounds. My goal is 175 and I am slowly moving there.

Keep up the good work. I'll bet the knees are really feeling better now.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

PT, that is great news! You have added a bunch of quality years to your life. WTG!
    Walk steathly - and carry a big Springfield.

I have heard from more than a few people about the years I have added to my life. One of those who told me this was my Doctor. So, having 5 kids, this makes me feel pretty darn good and at the same time makes me wonder why the heck I didn't do this 10 or 15 years ago.

My knees do in fact feel much better. In fact, I have not had pain in my knees for a few months now and I can run up a flight of stairs, something I could not think of doing at this time last year.

I will post about this again when I reach my target weight of 165. That should be in a few moths if the rate of loss continues at its present pace.

Thanks guys.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

That's Fantastic!
    Don't be a fool and die for your country. Let the other sonofabitch die for his.

George S. Patton

Congrats...

on the weight loss...shows determination and self-control...
    Not an easy task, but it sure makes one feel better!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by denverd0n View Post
    I've never quite understood the reasoning behind the belief that a lot of people seem to have that it is easier for a big guy to conceal a gun than for a skinny guy. To me, just the opposite makes more sense--the skinny guy doesn't have all that meat pushing the gun out where everybody can see it.
    Exactly! The truth comes out.

PT-111, let me know when you hit your target, then you can send your mo-jo over to me to use!
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Great job on the weight loss.
    We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
    George Orwell

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links