Homemade SIg228 YES Homemade

This is a discussion on Homemade SIg228 YES Homemade within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; CNCGUNSMITHING - www.cncguns.com - SIG P228 all this talk about 3-D printed guns reminded me of this guy. Who made his own Sig 228. Enjoy!...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By OldVet
  • 1 Post By sauerpuss
  • 1 Post By dukalmighty
  • 2 Post By manolito
  • 2 Post By Devilsclaw

Thread: Homemade SIg228 YES Homemade

VIP Member
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality

CNCGUNSMITHING - www.cncguns.com - SIG P228

all this talk about 3-D printed guns reminded me of this guy. Who made his own Sig 228. Enjoy!
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    And to think, I can't even make a 6" picture frame.
    NONAME762 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

THAT is so cool- I am in awe of people who can make stuff like that! Wonder if he ever thought you'd be able to print them one day?!
    NONAME762 likes this.
    NRA Life Member

cj
    Makes me wonder...what the simplest frame to implement might be? The minimum number of machining movements needed to create and all. Glock? Caracal? Kel-tec? Doesn't really matter if the original was polymer.

On a good day I can draw a stick figure
    GunnyBunny likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member

American craftsmen

Remember what you keep hearing that the American craftsman is gone from the world. I watched the worlds largest titanium casting machined and welded in an enclosed atmosphere it was amazing and these craftsmen make it look easy. That sphere replaced an hy100 steel sphere and went in excess of 20,000 below the oceans surface. This added access to over 37% more of the oceans floor. That is over 4 tons per square inch if interested. Seacliff

America still rocks
    Devilsclaw and NONAME762 like this.

Anybody ever try the projects in Shotgun News? I haven't, but many of them look pretty doable if you have a good shop.

People have been machining their own stuff for years. But it takes intelligence and skill like this guy has.....he is a craftsman. Seems like a lot of people these days cannot even change a tire even if their life depended on it.
    Tzadik and NONAME762 like this.

Distinguished Member Array squid86's Avatar
    Wow he did a good job. I don't think I would fully trust myself to make a pistol that detailed. Much better than the 3d gun and jnwod trust that a lot more too.
    USN Veteran
    "A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Quote Originally Posted by cj View Post
    Makes me wonder...what the simplest frame to implement might be? The minimum number of machining movements needed to create and all. Glock? Caracal? Kel-tec? Doesn't really matter if the original was polymer.
    I could be mistaken but I heard somewhere a really long time ago the Original Sten Gun from WWII Fame had the fewest moving parts and tolerances were such that it could be built in the home workshop with less than sophisticated tools. I stress...I could be mistaken. I made a Boo Boo last week...
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Sponsored Links