Better Grips for Ruger Sec. Six.

This is a discussion on Better Grips for Ruger Sec. Six. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am quite fond of carrying my Ruger SS Sec. Six; however, the Pachmayr (while great at reducing felt recoil) grips that are on there ...

Thread: Better Grips for Ruger Sec. Six.

I am quite fond of carrying my Ruger SS Sec. Six; however, the Pachmayr (while great at reducing felt recoil) grips that are on there now, are not very conducive to CC.

Any suggestions on some quality grips that do not extend past the actual frame of the weapon?
    P.A.N.K.U.S. Ogre

“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”
    -Theodore Roosevelt-

I have Hogue grips on mine, they may be longer than you are looking for though.

Distinguished Member Array Haywood's Avatar
    I also would like a shorter grip than the Gripper Grip but, I still want the cushioned back strap.

Look into Eagle Secret Service Grips, not sure if they make grips for Ruger, but I have used them on Smith J and Even an N frame with good success. A padded blackstrap will be difficult to find.

I always preferred the original checkered wood grips on the Security Six. You may not share that opinion of course but if you wanted a set I believe they are available through Numrich.

original checkered wood grips on the Security Six
    Yeah, I just traded a perfect set of those (new take-offs from a gun I traded 30 years ago) for more booty than I ever, EVER thought they'd be worth. Never underestimate the value of all those old "as-new, factory" parts you've got boxed-up under the loading bench!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    I always preferred the original checkered wood grips on the Security Six. You may not share that opinion of course but if you wanted a set I believe they are available through Numrich.
    I found the wood grips didn't give me enough control, they would slide in my hand making follow-up shots difficult, hence the Hogue grips. The original wood ones are stored safely away.

I went with Hogue on mine as well - no regrets, but it's also not a concealment piece.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Distinguished Member Array 5lima30ret's Avatar
    I have the Hogues (like the pics above) on my Police Service Six which is essentially the same gun as the Security Six. It is a pretty beefy gun to conceal even with the 2 3/4" bbl on mine.

I took off my pachmayers and put the originals back on.

Sponsored Links