My first carry while on the job.

This is a discussion on My first carry while on the job. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Saturday night I was called to do a job in an alley in what used to be the worst part of Denver. I figured that ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: My first carry while on the job.

My first carry while on the job.

Saturday night I was called to do a job in an alley in what used to be the worst part of Denver. I figured that this was going to be the first time I was going to carry my gun at work. Most of the night, I just wore a light polarfleece jacket. And most of that time it was unzipped. I was carrying in a IWB Ozarks Holster at 3:30. Most of the time, I forgot that it was there and no one mentioned anything to me. I did feel better knowing it was there.

2. Remove Ads

CJM
    Are you looking for a congratulations or something? I'm not seeing the point of this thread in it's current configuration.
    DaveInEdmonds likes this.
    "Thank you for the advice Mr. Vice President, but I'll be keeping my AR15 for defending my home and family."

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    I don't care what he says. Congratulations!
    OD*, USM1976, Secret Spuk and 3 others like this.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

I think just acknowledging this first time and easing the stress is what the OP might be after. Still awaiting my CWP to arrive but I do expect some sort of reality check to hit the first time out carrying for me. Maybe not. Will know shortly.
    "Life isn't fair but having the root password helps!"

Glock 27 Gen 4

Just sharing.
    welder516 likes this.

Glad you can carry on the job.

It was comforting for you and best of all you didn't have to use it. I have to make calls in some rough neighborhoods in and around Denver. It is nice to not feel helpless.
    USM1976 likes this.
    Semper Fi
    "Marines don't surrender-they win or die." from Brute

Quote Originally Posted by CJM View Post
    Are you looking for a congratulations or something? I'm not seeing the point of this thread in it's current configuration.
    Why does there have to be someone like this on every type of forum? If you don't like a thread topic, ignore it. It's quite simple.
    niks, USM1976, suntzu and 10 others like this.

CJM
    Quote Originally Posted by ConditionZero View Post
    Why does there have to be someone like this on every type of forum? If you don't like a thread topic, ignore it. It's quite simple.
    Why does there have to be delicate flowers on every forum? I didn't know where he was trying to go with the topic. There wasn't a question, nor much subject matter other than simply stating he'd carried at work today.
    "Thank you for the advice Mr. Vice President, but I'll be keeping my AR15 for defending my home and family."

Well, let's look at the other side of the coin, CJM. What's the purpose of your two posts? Are you looking for validation of your position? Same can be said for mine...............

I'm happy for OP getting to CC on the job, especially where there are so many Damnorats prowling the streets.
    welder516, USM1976, OD* and 8 others like this.
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    Nothing to add, just wanted my name on the thread because it seems like the popular thing to do.
    Secret Spuk, SeanR, niks and 3 others like this.

Not all of us are allowed to carry on the job :/ Work is the only place I am ever unarmed, and I resent that truth be told. We aren't even allowed to bring the weapon to work with us and leave it in a locker or anything.

CJM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Well, let's look at the other side of the coin, CJM. What's the purpose of your two posts? Are you looking for validation of your position? Same can be said for mine...............

I'm happy for OP getting to CC on the job, especially where there are so many Damnorats prowling the streets.
    I honestly thought he left out part of the post by accident. I wasn't trying to be a jerk to him.

I went ahead and "liked" his post so the thin skinned among us don't take my brevity as vitriol. Kudos to him for being able and/or willing to carry at work.

VIP Member
    I'm lucky in the sense that my company doesn't prohibit my carrying, in fact 3 of the 4 owners have permits and carry as well.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

..."First carry" said it all for me...

...Man, do I ever remember that feeling...I was 19 and skinny and decided I wasn't going into "that part of town" by myself to work all night by myself...stuck a snub .38 in my belt under my shirt and it sure did let me concentrate on the job at hand a lot better!!!Congratulations on being able to LEGALLY do so...
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ_mp40c View Post
    Saturday night I was called to do a job in an alley in what used to be the worst part of Denver. I figured that this was going to be the first time I was going to carry my gun at work. Most of the night, I just wore a light polarfleece jacket. And most of that time it was unzipped. I was carrying in a IWB Ozarks Holster at 3:30. Most of the time, I forgot that it was there and no one mentioned anything to me. I did feel better knowing it was there.
    USM1976 and Secret Spuk like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links