WA tops 426,000 CPLs - a New Record and climbing

This is a discussion on WA tops 426,000 CPLs - a New Record and climbing within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; CPL figure skyrockets 15K in a single month More than 426,000 active Washington concealed pistol licenses are now in circulation, up a staggering 15,289 in ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: WA tops 426,000 CPLs - a New Record and climbing

WA tops 426,000 CPLs - a New Record and climbing

CPL figure skyrockets 15K in a single month

More than 426,000 active Washington concealed pistol licenses are now in circulation, up a staggering 15,289 in the month since Examiner last checked with the state Department of Licensing (DOL), confirming what various sources in law enforcement say about the volume of applications and renewals, and the work overload to process them.

CPL figure skyrockets 15K in a single month - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

And watch Washington violent crime decline...
    DJC7, Pistology and C hawk Glock like this.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Good for them!
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Sweet!!! Down here in Florida we topped 1,000,000 CWPs by the end of last year so im sure we are far beyond that by now.
    bigmacque and kmagnuss like this.

Meanwhile, in Illinois... 0 and counting.
    bigmacque and kmagnuss like this.
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

Wow, ~7% of a blue state went to the trouble of getting a permit. Pretty cool.
    bigmacque likes this.

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    I haven't looked at the numbers lately for S.C.I did read,they were getting so many,they may increase,the permit fee by 25.00..While i wish,it was free,if it goes up to 75.00,for 4 yrs,i will renew mine,again,for sure.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    I still love the fact that all of this anti- gun crusading is leading more to think pro- gun.
    Glock2201 likes this.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

And remember that we are a minority, 90% of the public don't want weapons according to our government!! I suspect this is further proof that their statistics stink on the subject of gun control/ownership.

Gayr

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    We just need to get all of us to keep voting now. And get a few more people in Seattle educated. I want to let myself hope that we are going in the right direction as a State.
    Walk softly ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mandpgrl View Post
    I haven't looked at the numbers lately for S.C.I did read,they were getting so many,they may increase,the permit fee by 25.00..While i wish,it was free,if it goes up to 75.00,for 4 yrs,i will renew mine,again,for sure.
    That makes no sense. More permit apps = more money coming in. Why would they need to increase the fee?

Unless they're just taking a lesson from the gun and ammo gougers of late.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

VIP Member
    It would be interesting to see how many of those permit holders actually carry on a daily basis. Nothing to base it on other than gut instinct, but my guess would be less than 25%.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

We know that having a higher number of legally owned guns tends to drive crime down. Add in the uncertainty (to the bad guys out there) of who may be carrying a concealed weapon and you begin to provide a stronger chill/disincentive within the criminal community.

Keep it up Washington state--we need more states like you!

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    It would be interesting to see how many of those permit holders actually carry on a daily basis. Nothing to base it on other than gut instinct, but my guess would be less than 25%.
    I do!

DBS
    Quote Originally Posted by sdprof View Post
    That makes no sense. More permit apps = more money coming in. Why would they need to increase the fee?
    Either or both of these:
    1. Increase fee revenue
    2. Decrease application volume

It's an interesting phenomenon.
    All of those people and yet some of them, I couldn't guess the number, vote for libs/Democrats because of "social issues" and they're the same people who want to take guns and gun rights away from the citizens. Go figure.

Some of these folks are absolutely convinced "It'll never happen to me!"

Ignorance is bliss, I guess.

On the plus side, there are a fair number of "D"s in the legislature who are pro-gun and that sort of keeps the antis honest and corralled.

As the column notes, the gun people have the anti-gun lobby outnumbered. We'll see how that shakes out when they start running initiatives...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links