need your opinions on this ordeal

need your opinions on this ordeal

This is a discussion on need your opinions on this ordeal within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Gun Pulled At Billy's - YouTube Police Officers on Leave After Fayetteville Bar Brawl The Great Billy's Bar & Grill Fight: Should anyone - let ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By ItalianSteel

Thread: need your opinions on this ordeal

I know what you mean by the last line.

They should be held accountable just as they were CCW owners, meaning loss of gun privileges. Carrying while drinking is a no-no.

Hell, call me a prude but I won't even so much as clean my guns while drinking a beer (because it always becomes two... and that's when injuries happen).
    Keith44, oldman45 and Tzadik like this.

If he had been drinking...

My opinion is that carrying wasn't the problem, it was the drinking.

The officer paid the price with the loss of his job and career. I assume criminal charges could be filed if he was found negligent enough to lose his job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”
    ― Albert Einstein

The whole ordeal is a month old today. You should have heard the reply from the Fayetteville PD spokesman. Pretty stupid deal. It's gonna get buried sure enough although many citizens are worried that something like this could go down and that the Fayetteville PD is covering up for the whole ordeal. Matter of fact......Craig Stout misinformed the public on the laws first go round with interviews. I'm personally involved in asking the Arkansas attorney general's office to pursue this since the city of Fayetteville prosecuting attorney's office has deferred this to Little Rock due to conflict of interest since one of these idiots was on the DTF at the time.
    In reality....when our law enforcement breaks the laws....who's going to protect us from them? Things are bad from the top down.....getting worse all the time.

It is a shame they were handled like buddies by the responding officers, leaves no doubt about the double standard. Same thing happened here years ago with a Federal Agent, (either DEA or ATFE) who was out drinking and flirting up a lady who had another admirer present. The Agent, the admirer and the admirer's buddy ended up mixing it up in the parking lot and one of the two civilians was shot and expired on scene. Local LEO's let the guy keep his weapon, walk around the scene chatting it up with the LEO's and on his cell. If I remember correctly the Fed tried to concoct a fictitious story as well that didn't stand up to scrutiny. He lost his job, but didn't get in any real trouble.

These types of situations leave no doubt.

Had a guy working for CBP (Customs/Border Patrol)here got into a fight in a bar while intoxicated,when out to his vehicle and got his department issued gun and as he tried to go back in the bar owner pulled a gun and told him to leave he didn't want any trouble,the Fed shot and killed him and is now serving a life sentence in prison.

Why are 2 off duty LEO's one working as a Drug task force Officer doing drinking in a place that looks to be a local biker hangout,chances of running into somebody that recognizes you,and you either arrested them or arrested their friends is pretty high
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

If your an off duty officer the same laws that apply to a cc'er should apply you. Not on duty then you can't carry where the law prohibits us from carrying.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    Witnesses say when police arrived they wondered why the two officers weren’t given sobriety tests. Fayetteville police sergeant Craig Stout said no tests were done because the two officers weren’t driving.
    ...and I have some swamp land in AZ...Cheap too.

Nepotism pales when it comes to the boys in blue.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

Distinguished Member Array oldman45's Avatar
    Dangit, I have to say this now.

The quality of officers hired these days are inferior to those of years past. A local Dept has fired 17 officers, all hired in the last 2 yrs for severe violations of departmental policies. One was for DUI in a patrol car.

Another dept in the area lost two officers with less than 2 yrs on the force due to a domestic dispute between the two while they were intoxicated and in a bar while carrying.

The hiring requirements have been relaxed in order to get more applicants. Years ago things were much more strict.
    A 9mm might expand but a .45acp never shrinks.

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

I think the officers involved should be canned, and then thrown in the can just like a regular Joe.

As for how I'd have handled it, I wouldn't. I wouldn't have been there.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

MSZ

An Example of "Monkey Brain," AVOID that snare

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Had a guy working for CBP (Customs/Border Patrol)here got into a fight in a bar while intoxicated,when out to his vehicle and got his department issued gun and as he tried to go back in the bar owner pulled a gun and told him to leave he didn't want any trouble,the Fed shot and killed him and is now serving a life sentence in prison.

Why are 2 off duty LEO's one working as a Drug task force Officer doing drinking in a place that looks to be a local biker hangout,chances of running into somebody that recognizes you,and you either arrested them or arrested their friends is pretty high
    I read and share the following from: nnsd.com
    "Two points are important.
    First, just because you claim it was self-defense (or believe it was) doesn't make it so.
    Second, your pride, ego, fear of humiliation, fear of loss of social status, insecurities and countless other 'monkey brain' issues will turn you into part of the problem.
    Those two points are the foundation of why most fights happen. They also are the root of why people are arrested for fighting -- when they adamantly believe they were defending themselves."

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    Witnesses say when police arrived they wondered why the two officers weren’t given sobriety tests. Fayetteville police sergeant Craig Stout said no tests were done because the two officers weren’t driving.
    Yeah, but they were in possession of a firearm. Isn't it illegal to possess a firearm while intoxicated?
    THAT is why they didn't receive a breathalyzer.

Sponsored Links