CWP Insurance?

This is a discussion on CWP Insurance? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Is there such thing as insurance for CWP holders that are carrying? Just wondering if they had something that would help with legal bills, etc ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: CWP Insurance?

CWP Insurance?

Is there such thing as insurance for CWP holders that are carrying? Just wondering if they had something that would help with legal bills, etc if you ever had to use the weapon and were to face civil suits or something.
    Manderinobyebye likes this.
    "Life isn't fair but having the root password helps!"

Glock 27 Gen 4

2. Remove Ads

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    I know this has been discussed,by some people.Everyone has to decide what's right for them.It may be a good thing for lawyer fees,if needed.
    Personally,i'm not paying any extra money,and can't afford it.That said,in S.C.,if you are justified in shooting someone,that's it.End of story.They can't take it to civil court,as it should be.

Thanks. I had tried searching earlier and didn't return anything. jnust figured out I did the search wrong and I brought up quite a few. Didn't mean to beat a dead horse!!
    "Life isn't fair but having the root password helps!"

Glock 27 Gen 4

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandpgrl View Post
    I know this has been discussed,by some people.Everyone has to decide what's right for them.It may be a good thing for lawyer fees,if needed.
    Personally,i'm not paying any extra money,and can't afford it.That said,in S.C.,if you are justified in shooting someone,that's it.End of story.They can't take it to civil court,as it should be.

And that's what I love about being in the South, "He needed kill'in" holds up in court!
    United Daughters of the Confederacy Member

Matthew 12:36, 37

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    Boomer,i'm guessing Florida has it also.It should be under the Castle Doctrine and Stand Your Ground Laws..I'm not sure,but,i don't think it's the same for every state.
    boomer77 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandpgrl View Post
    Boomer,i'm guessing Florida has it also.It should be under the Castle Doctrine and Stand Your Ground Laws..I'm not sure,but,i don't think it's the same for every state.
    It varies by state, some include civil immunity in their laws and some don't.
    boomer77 likes this.

Insurance

When we got our CCL, we joined this group...I hope it is okay to post the website...http://www.uslawshield.com/texas/

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Whether you're immune to civil suits is a matter of opinion in any state. True, the family of the BG you were forced to ventilate make have no recourse, but any other victims you may or may not have hit with missed rounds, etc., would most likely still have legal options. A SD shooting often reaches beyond the person you intended to stop. Something to contemplate...
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Check with the NRA, I think they offer something.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Funny you should bring this up, OP, but on the local WPB news that just ran a story about a "service" for those who have to shoot someone during a "home invasion," and they stressed "home invasion" several times. I think it was called "Defensive Service Alliance" or something like that. It said it was not insurance but a "service" that provided blood clean-up, advice following a "home invasion" etc. It definitely was not a legal insurance service and smacked of fear marketing to me--the inevitable lawsuits, etc. to follow, which isn't true, at least not in FL. Prosecuting someone for shooting the BG conducting a home invasion isn't that much of a priority for DAs here.

Trying to find a link but nothing posted by wptv.com yet.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I've been reading up on these guys. Armed Citizens' Legal Defense Network, Inc.

I haven't pulled the trigger on a policy, but I'm considering it. I need to see if an umbrella liability policy might not be better.

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    There are several companies as I was looking for a new firearms insurance as I had dropped the NRA back company as there customer service smelled of sardines. might check under that heading as I said ran across several

There is also one called ccwsafe that at least appears to be a bit better than the armed citizens legal defense network and may be worth a look.
    Just spent two days in court defending against a totally bogus law suite (not firearms related) so I looking at this kind of coverage just to be on the safe side. I came out of this OK, but this kind of crap does happen.

If it's a good shoot, you have nothing to worry about! If it's a bad shoot no amount of INS will help! That's why we pay LAWYERS!
    G17,G19C,G21,G22c,G22RTF2/Gills,G26,G31,G32
    Colt Python 6'' .357mag & 4'' Trooper

NRA Pistol Instructor
    SC CWP Instructor

Sorry, I have to disagree. Just because it my be a good shoot does not mean that it won't wind up in court. If it is truly a good shoot I would hoe you would get off when all is said and done. There is however absolutely no guarantee that you won't have to go to court to prove it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links