A Red Letter Day for My Wife

This is a discussion on A Red Letter Day for My Wife within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Wife recently signed up for a firearms class to be taken with some women she knows and some new acquaintances. She went to the first ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: A Red Letter Day for My Wife

Wife recently signed up for a firearms class to be taken with some women she knows and some new acquaintances. She went to the first session on Saturday (it's spread over several weekends) and came home saying she needs a new gun. I bought her a Ruger GP100 a few years ago, but it's too heavy. She wasn't able to comfortably work the slide on my Bersa, meaning a semi-auto was out. So today we went to Clark Brothers in Opal, Virginia. (Coincidently, not far from Molon Lave vinyards)

She tried the Ruger SP101, a Taurus .38 Special, and the salesman brought out a Smith & Wesson Airweight .38 Special. She decided on the S&W with a Crimson Trace grip. Took it home and tried it out immediately in the back yard. It needs some adjustment to the laser POI, but not bad.

As a bonus, I inherit the GP100!! Win / Win / Win!!
    darbo, JoJoGunn, 84160 and 2 others like this.
    The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.

George Washington

You better keep her. And keep her happy too. She's armed now.
    If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Quote Originally Posted by woodstock View Post
    Wife recently signed up for a firearms class to be taken with some women she knows and some new acquaintances. She went to the first session on Saturday (it's spread over several weekends) and came home saying she needs a new gun. I bought her a Ruger GP100 a few years ago, but it's too heavy. She wasn't able to comfortably work the slide on my Bersa, meaning a semi-auto was out. So today we went to Clark Brothers in Opal, Virginia. (Coincidently, not far from Molon Lave vinyards)

She tried the Ruger SP101, a Taurus .38 Special, and the salesman brought out a Smith & Wesson Airweight .38 Special. She decided on the S&W with a Crimson Trace grip. Took it home and tried it out immediately in the back yard. It needs some adjustment to the laser POI, but not bad.

The S&W will need to be fed and exercised regularly....don't forget.

"MOLON LABE"
    "come and take them"
    King Leonidas of Sparta

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Glad to hear that your wife and her acquaintances have made the decision to protect themselves, or at least, just get the training! That is awesome! Good for you both, and thanks for sharing.

Well Done on her new S&W!
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

VIP Member
    My wife has a S&W 642 that is "her" gun, that she will not part with. She also has CT on it as well.

I'd be happy to CC one as well, the only thing it won't be hers !
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Distinguished Member
    My everyday carry is the S&W .38 special bodyguard revolver snub w/ laser. I was using my S&W .40 sig but loaded it was too heavy and pulled my britches down if I didn't have a tight belt on.

Still haven't adjusted the laser and quite honestly, use it to make the cat run up the walls, lol. IMO, those guns (.38 snub) are for up close and personal and the laser really wouldn't be needed when you are a few feet from the BG anyway.

Congrats to your wife, great gun!
    Matthew 10:33

But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

~ Jesus ~

VIP Member
    Congrats to the wife.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Congratulations are in order, to both your fine spouse and yourself.

Many women these days are going this route because despite what the government keeps telling us, crime is up, especially against women. Good thing she didn't take Biden's "advice" and want a shotgun.

The S&W Airweight is a good revolver, my wife looked at one when she told me she wanted a revolver to compliment her semi-auto .380. She chose the Ruger LCR but wanted it in .357 magnum. It was her birthday present from me and she loves it. She can shoot not only the .357 but .38 spl and +P ammuniton as well. The LCR is a great revolver for anyone who has trouble with Semi Auto.

Not knocking the Airweight at all, I like S&W pistols, but it just felt too light weight for her and the Ruger was in her opinion the better choice.

All in all, anytime a spouse wants this is a win.
    Aceoky and 84160 like this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by woodstock View Post

Sounds like you should have bought her several more guns before "finding" the S&W Airweight...You could have inherited at least 3 or 4 guns.
    Bmoliv66 and Taurahe like this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    ......but loaded it was too heavy and pulled my britches down if I didn't have a tight belt on....
    You need to get yourself some 'Sispenders' Lil Lady!!
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Women love "win-win's"...they win and make the husband think he won, too!

Congrats to the wife on the class...smart move!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

My wife has a S&W 642 CT also, she is very fond of it.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Quote Originally Posted by lionround View Post
    You better keep her. And keep her happy too. She's armed now.
    Hmmm sounds familiar, my wife says that all the time to me!!
    Please...work HARDER as MILLIONS on welfare depending on YOU !!

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    Congrats! She made a fine choice there.

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    she is a keeper
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links