What would you have done?

This is a discussion on What would you have done? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just got back from my local grocery store, Winn-Dixie. While I was there, I walked past a guy and we nodded as to say ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: What would you have done?

I just got back from my local grocery store, Winn-Dixie. While I was there, I walked past a guy and we nodded as to say "hi" and I continued on and was looking through the choices at the lunch meat counter. He then walked by me again and as he walked by I noticed that the guy was printing horribly. Maybe he had bent over for something and not straightened his shirt back out, but it was bad. So bad, that I thought to myself, "Hmmm...Glock?"
    I really didn't know what to do. Do I say something? Or do I just let it be?
    I decided to let it go. I don't know who this guy is, and I don't want to take a chance on p!ssing him off; who knows, maybe his portrait is on display at the Post Office.
    I'll mind my own business. Done.

I left the store wondering if I did the right thing.

iPhone/Tapatalk

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    I would have done the same thing. Nothing.
    Eagleks likes this.
    I busted a mirror and got seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Nothing.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

VIP Member
    Yeah, I wouldn't do anything. If he's interested, he already knows he's printing. I don't care for doing anything that might strike up a 'carrying' conversation. You never know what idiot you may be talking to, so you can't really guess what their response might be.
    Betty likes this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Not my business, don't care about the horror of printing, but if it were exposed--and he didn't have his hoodie up--I might casually say, "Cover up" as I walk by.
    USM1976 and McTuckovich like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    I agree. Not your concern and best to say nothing. On the other hand, would you also do nothing if we were talking about a big blob of ketchup on his face as opposed to printing?
    USM1976 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Zip.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Don't say a thing. It's his problem not yours.

Why not say something ? Seems odd that many on these forums jump up and down about the right to do this and that, but yet won't help out another CHL carrier. What's with that ?

You don't have to be obvious to other customers, but something like, "Nice pistol, sir." Some might get upset but most would find it helpful. You could continue and say, "Don't want you noticed by anyone else." He may have appreciated the assistance.
    TVJ and Smarshe like this.

VIP Member
    Excellent opportunity to mind one's own business.

Good, glad I made the right decision. The guy looked "cool", meaning he seemed like an average guy around here, nothing squirrelly about him. And I thought that a quick and quiet, "Dude, you're printing" might have been appreciated.
    BUT, after the responses here, I know what to do in the future...same as I did today...nothing.

:)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by USM1976 View Post
    Why not say something ? Seems odd that many on these forums jump up and down about the right to do this and that, but yet won't help out another CHL carrier. What's with that ?

You don't have to be obvious to other customers, but something like, "Nice pistol, sir." Some might get upset but most would find it helpful. You could continue and say, "Don't want you noticed by anyone else." He may have appreciated the assistance.
    If I knew they were a licensed CC'er, I might mention it. The problem is that I don't know, and even licensed CC'ers all not all good guys. You might spark a very bad situation, depending on who it was.

I would have yelled "Gun!" and run out screaming.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I love Tiberius/Maggie.

The only people I tell if they are printing are freinds and family
    Smarshe likes this.

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by USM1976 View Post

You are assuming he is GG. Let's assume for a minute that is a BG and is "casing the joint". Let's also assume that he is a meth head and decides that you are about to ruin his plan to steal all the meat from the meat counter because he has a big cookout planned for all his meth head buddies. You can see that this won't turn out well.

OK, maybe I had too much coffee this morning, or not enough, but you get the idea. None of my business. Move along, nothing to see here.
    blake716 likes this.
    I busted a mirror and got seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links