Ohio - permitless CC - in house or on property?

This is a discussion on Ohio - permitless CC - in house or on property? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Is CCing without a permit (obviously as a resident) in OH restricted to your home or can you CC on your property without a permit?...

Thread: Ohio - permitless CC - in house or on property?

Is CCing without a permit (obviously as a resident) in OH restricted to your home or can you CC on your property without a permit?
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

hmm, I am NOT a lawyer, I do NOT live in Ohio, and did not find an answer in public access documents. Contact the states attorney for an accurate answer.
    In Ky, no but since Ky is also open carry legal, never been an issue for me.

Inside the house it is legal, outside no. The CCW law first says that CCW is illegal, then it lists a number of exceptions, one of which is this:

(1) This section does not apply to any of the following:
    (d) A person's storage or possession of a firearm, other than a firearm described in divisions (G) to (M) of section 2923.11 of the Revised Code, in the actor's own home for any lawful purpose.
    Lawriter - ORC - 2923.12 Carrying concealed weapons.

Links