Under Armour

This is a discussion on Under Armour within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone who lives in HOT climates (think Phoenix, or south Texas), have any experience with UnderArmour (or similar style) wicking Tshirts in the summer)? I ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Under Armour

Under Armour

Anyone who lives in HOT climates (think Phoenix, or south Texas), have any experience with UnderArmour (or similar style) wicking Tshirts in the summer)? I have to wear a polo at work (thankfully untucked), but to carry IWB really need something between the gun and my gut. TIA for the input

2. Remove Ads

Most brands like Nike, North Face, UA, etc all make those kinds of shirts. I wear them in the summer often as an undershirt.

I think my question is.....are they really any cooler than the standard "wife beater"?..................

yes they are but there are cheaper alternatives. I wear C5 brand shirts from Champion that I get at target for 12 bucks. I work in the sun but have to dress business casual so I wear them as undershirts under polos and dress shirts
    Yetiman and F350_6 like this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

I usually wear an Under Armour base layer in the summer. I don't find that it really keeps me cooler than a normal cotton T-shirt, but it doesn't absorb sweat, so it's more comfortable to me.

I'm actually waiting to try the new Columbia Omni-Freeze Zero gear as soon as I can find some locally.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post
    I usually wear an Under Armour base layer in the summer. I don't find that it really keeps me cooler than a normal cotton T-shirt, but it doesn't absorb sweat, so it's more comfortable to me.
    This ^^^^^^^

Pricey, though.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Retired military, been wearing a T-shirt most of my life.
    squid86 likes this.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Teufelhunde View Post
    I think my question is.....are they really any cooler than the standard "wife beater"?..................
    No, they aren't. I have almost every variation of their product, including the skin tight ones, and they are not cool. They dry quickly - so they don't hold sweat like cotton will.
    F350_6 likes this.
    My EDC: Springfield XDS
    My sometimes EDC: Colt XSE LW or G26

Anyone who lives in HOT climates (think Phoenix, or south Texas), have any experience with UnderArmour (or similar style) wicking Tshirts in the summer)? I have to wear a polo at work (thankfully untucked), but to carry IWB really need something between the gun and my gut. TIA for the input
    I've pretty much moved away from anything cotton when I'm in the heat. It just traps moisture. There are all sorts of moisture wicking fabrics out there like Underarmor that don't cost as much.

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    I have many Under Armour shirts,love them and for me they are cooler. The thing I really like is they are quality shirts. Wash and dry them in the correct manner and they look good for a long time.
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

UA boxer briefs are very comfortable in all types of clothing and hot weather, they come in 3, 6, and 9 inch.

For something underneath, I'd go with an A - shirt (wifebeater) cheap and don't add much bulk. I carry IWB below wicking shirts all the time as an outer garment.

They are definitely more comfortable than your average shirt, and do a very good job at keeping you dry. They are a bit pricey, but if you order them off their website they have undershirts on clearance fairly often.
    I think guns are like insurance. I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

I have worn it under my body armor in the summer. I does work but for only so long. Once the shirt gets wet from sweating so much, it seems to stop working for me.

I buy the generic stuff in poly and I love it! I'm a chef so it's hot all year round for me. I always wear them under my chef coat and all my boxers are poly. The stuff really works well at wicking moisture away and eliminating swamp/monkey butt. It also prevents chaffing and heat rash. It's all I'll wear for underwear and my standard choice for T's in hot weather.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links