Drunk ccing.What To Do?

This is a discussion on Drunk ccing.What To Do? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Should have said drunk with a gun.Don't know that he had a ccp..Anyway,what would you do? What to Do When A Drunk Person Is Carrying ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Drunk ccing.What To Do?

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar

Drunk ccing.What To Do?

Should have said drunk with a gun.Don't know that he had a ccp..Anyway,what would you do?

What to Do When A Drunk Person Is Carrying A GUN? - YouTube

2. Remove Ads

Call police and have their stupid ass arrested.

Carrying a firearm is a serious responsibility and by doing it you must show restraint.
    British by birth. American by choice.

If he isnt pulling it on me or someone else I do nothing. There are enough antis about that get scared of a person legally oc ing that a horde of LE should be there shortly to smite him hip and thigh.

Besides that the guy may not be drunk. He may have physical problems that make him at first blush to appear to be drunk. I know two guys like that that are perfectly able to think and carry a gun. But they way the talk and their gait when walking due to disability would make you think they had been drinking.

Like I said enough antis running around there were probably half a dozen calls on the guy before he got 30 feet.
    Hook686, Aceoky, Mtnmanca and 1 others like this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Depends. Some states it is not illegal to carry while drinking unless you are also breaking another law while drinking AND carrying a gun (i.e. drunk driving and carrying). If a person is intoxicated, but not otherwise breaking a law (i.e. riding in a car, quietly sitting at a table in a restaurant and not at the bar, etc.), it may be a non-issue depending on the state. Some states, you can't carry in a place that serves, and some states you can't carry while drinking at all.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Here in Michigan, the BAC limit while CC'ing is so low (0.02 I think) that you basically better not have any alcohol in your system while carrying. So in my neck of the woods, I'd call 911, get video if possible, then stay in the parking lot and be a good witness until the law arrives.

In indiana, it is not illegal to consume alcohol while carrying. I am all about speakimng my mind, but starting a confrontation with an intoxicated person who is carrying isnt worth the hassle or the danger that may ensue.
    Last edited by Taurahe; May 20th, 2013 at 09:52 AM.
    Hook686 and 006.9V2.1 like this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Here in NE it is illegal to consume any alcohol while carrying concealed. Based on the scenario in the video, we have to basically accept the fact that the guy was drunk. In that case, I probably would call the cops. Alcohol and mexican carry of a Glock sounds like a bad combination. In reality, unless I saw the gun and saw the guy consuming, I'd have sufficient doubt regarding the guy's state. As Ghost mentioned, we don't know if there's some sort of physical disability or something that may make a guy appear intoxicated. I'm thinking I'd just turn around and leave, particularly since it wouldn't take much to keep me from eating at Applebee's!

By any chance it wasn't Plaxico Burress, was it?
    spdracr39 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurahe View Post
    In indiana, it is not illegal to CC while carrying. I am all about speakimng my mind, but starting a confrontation with an intoxicated person who is carrying isnt worth the hassle or the danger that may ensue.
    Hmmm...it's not illegal to CC while carrying.
    spdracr39 and Keith44 like this.

not legal to CC nor OC while consuming alcohol, while legally impaired (drugs or alcohol), or even to CC or OC in a place where alcohol is sold for consumption on the premises

what would I do...not sure, depends on a number of things

I'm with CN when he said he probably wouldn't of called the cops until/unless the guy did something a little more overt, etc.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith44 View Post
    not legal to CC nor OC while consuming alcohol, while legally impaired (drugs or alcohol), or even to CC or OC in a place where alcohol is sold for consumption on the premises

what would I do...not sure, depends on a number of things
    That is no how I read KY law.

237.110 (16) (e) Any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense beer or alcoholic
    beverages for consumption on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to that purpose;
    If your in Red Lobster, Outback, Applebee's and other restaurants that serve, as long as yout not in the bar area you should be legal.
    Now "Buddy's Corner Bar" is going to be a No No.
    Ghost1958 likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

GH
    I'd keep a very close eye on him until I was able to clear the area. As soon as I could do it without confrontation I'd call 911 if he was acting squirrelly. Otherwise I'd leave well enough alone & get away.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Operations Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    Let's assume he had a CCP. People this reckless and irresponsible shouldn't have one. If you will do this, you do it regularly, not just once. The actions of the reckless and irresponsible sheds a bad light on all law abiding responsible gun owners, and like it or not we have a responsibility to see that those who are reckless and irresponsible, doing damage to all of us, are brought to task. Along with the right given us by the 2A, comes an enormous responsibility. Granted, some of these responsibilities are not pleasant, but if you are not willing to accept them along with the right to bear arms, you would be doing an injustice to the good people who exercise their 2A rights and responsibilities. If he didn't have a CCP, then it's a no brainer, he's just a drunk with a gun, call the police. If it involves a firearm, it's our business. We are the guardians of the 2A, it is our responsibility, and sometimes not an easy one.
    leprechaun50 and Taurahe like this.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

Here are the nuances particular to Florida CC Laws and alcohol:

One very important thing to remember is that you may not use a firearm while "under the influence of alcoholic beverages, any chemical substance set forth in s. 877.111, or any substance controlled under chapter 893, when affected to the extent that his or her normal faculties are impaired." Fl. Stat. s. 790.151. So, if you are celebrating Fourth of July or New Years, do not think you can go to the firing range or shoot some targets on your property if you have been drinking heavily. However, 790.151(5) states you are still allowed to use a firearm, even if under the influence, when you are lawfully defending yourself or your property.

Florida Gun Law | All You Need to Know About Carrying a Gun in Florida
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links