New Permit!!! - Page 2

New Permit!!!

This is a discussion on New Permit!!! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by LTPhoon ccWV, how much does this currently cost per year and when you add the other permits you speak of, what is ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Permit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LTPhoon View Post
    ccWV, how much does this currently cost per year and when you add the other permits you speak of, what is your projected cost?
    CT - $35.00 renewal for 5 years = $7.00/year
    FL - $107.00 renewal for 5 years = $21.40/year
    ME - $60.00 renewal for 4 years = $15.00/year
    NH - $20.00 renewal for 4 years = $5.00/year
    PA - $26.00 renewal for 5 years = $5.20/year
    VA - $100.00 renewal for 5 years = $20.00/year
    WV - $75.00 renewal for 5 years = $15.00/year

So, to keep my current status running, I'm at $88.60 per year, or $7.38 per month - I wish it was free, but I can live with that amount.

As to the additional permits I referenced:

UT - $10.00 renewal for 5 years = $2.00/year (sweet!)
    NV - $70.00 renewal for 3 years = $23.33/year
    MA - $100.00 renewal for 1 year = $100.00/year (this one bites!)
    RI - $40.00 renewal for 4 years = $10.00/year
    SC - $50.00 renewal for 4 years = $12.50/year

New permits total per year = $147.83 (or $12.32 per month)

Final anticipated "maintenance" cost of all permits = $236.43 per year, which is $19.70 per month. That's more than I'd like to pay (I'd prefer FREE as I mentioned before), but for comparisons sake, it's only equivalent to cutting out two cans of Dr. Pepper per day, which I've already accomplished (for health reasons) by dropping from SIX cans a day to only TWO!

I know that some people may ask, "why do you want so many permits?" and for me the answer is just about as simple as why get even a single ccw permit: Because it's my right to exercise, because I want to, because I'll have it when I need it, because getting a permit now in some states while it's not too hard to get might make it easier to keep that right through less restrictive renewals while new applicants may struggle, etc. I also like knowing that while my WV permit alone gives me right to carry in only 28% of the US, my current + target permits take care of 82% of the country - that's a substantial difference!

ccWV
    Last edited by ccWV; November 18th, 2006 at 11:00 PM.
    The constitutions of most of our States assert, that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves, in all cases to which they think themselves competent, . . . that it is their RIGHT AND DUTY TO BE AT ALL TIMES ARMED . . . Thomas Jefferson (June 5, 1824)

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyC View Post
    I'm in pretty good shape for just three permits; they give me 29 states.

On a vacation earlier this year, what I found to be a challenge was the required "homework" before entering each new state as we travelled west. It highlighted to me that a national solution is a must in our future; but first I'd say we need to win the remaining battles at the state level.
    You're exactly right on this one! Every state has their own little quirks and it's entirely up to us to find and follow every little twist in the law!

Carry safe (and know the laws of the territory in which you carry!),

ccWV
    The constitutions of most of our States assert, that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves, in all cases to which they think themselves competent, . . . that it is their RIGHT AND DUTY TO BE AT ALL TIMES ARMED . . . Thomas Jefferson (June 5, 1824)

I Only Want Florida...

I live in Florida...I like Florida...I can carry every place I CHOOSE to go...I only travel to states that accept FL...all for just $65/5 years...

I'm happy

Stay safe...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links