In your own opinion what is the best belt and holster for an XD 40 CC?

This is a discussion on In your own opinion what is the best belt and holster for an XD 40 CC? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am carrying an XD 40 and currently I have the BlackHawk Serpa holster. It's the first holster I have owned and I feel like ...

Thread: In your own opinion what is the best belt and holster for an XD 40 CC?

I am carrying an XD 40 and currently I have the BlackHawk Serpa holster. It's the first holster I have owned and I feel like it is quite bulky. I know everyone has their own preference on what to use. So what brand of belt and holster should I be looking for? I've heard the name CrossBreed but I don't know anything about them.

I have an xdm 3.8 40 and i carry it in a galco iwb so far i havent found a reason to try a new holster for it and i just use a good leather belt. The best way is just trial and error

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JW_XD40 View Post
    I am carrying an XD 40 and currently I have the BlackHawk Serpa holster. It's the first holster I have owned and I feel like it is quite bulky. I know everyone has their own preference on what to use. So what brand of belt and holster should I be looking for? I've heard the name CrossBreed but I don't know anything about them.
    No offense, but you need to spend some time doing some research (use the search function) instead of asking such an open set of questions. Some of it is going to be trial and error, but you need to do some homework and look at the basics and options available and narrow your questions down some. Do you want leather? Or kydex? Or a hybrid? What kind of belt? Nylon? Leather? What do you think would fit best for your lifestyle? How do you plan to carry and how much do you plan to carry?

Once you have some learning behind you, you'll be able to discuss these various things with a little knowledge behind your questions. Nobody can tell you what the "best" is because what works well for your gun, with your lifestyle, with your body type, may not work at all for the next guy.

It's a long path and it's going to take some work to find the setup that works best for you. Good luck to you!
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Havent tried them all, but I use Ted Blocker for the last 20 or so years my first one still works, my new one is fantastic. Two layers of great leather with spring steel sandwiched between

Quote Originally Posted by JW_XD40 View Post
    Your question is akin to asking what color shirt or what brand of truck should you be buying. :-)

First decision you need to make is where you want to carry. I.E. inside or outside your waistband, then appendix or 3,4,5, or 6 o'clock if you are right handed. I personally carry aiwb in a Garrett industries silent thunder slim. Have three, one for a commander sized 1911, ruger sr9c and lc9.

In all seriousness I always tell folks, unload your gun and stuff it into your pans in the various positions. Then spend some time in the house sitting, standing, walking, bending, reaching into high cabinets, etc. Although not exactly the same as being in a holster it will give you an idea of what works for you and your body type. Trust me, what one loves, the next guy hates. E.g., some folks rave about the cross breed super tuck. I tried one and found it to be the most uncomfortable thing imaginable.

There is no right answer, just what works for you.

Hth

Sponsored Links