Question about city/county parks (PA)

This is a discussion on Question about city/county parks (PA) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; We have a nice city park (Greider Park in Lancaster) up the street from us and I regularly go there with my wife and our ...

Thread: Question about city/county parks (PA)

Question about city/county parks (PA)

We have a nice city park (Greider Park in Lancaster) up the street from us and I regularly go there with my wife and our two boys. On the park sign at the entrance is the regular list of regs. and it clearly spells out that "no weapons of any kind" are allowed inside the park. This may be a dumb question, but does that apply to CC permit holders? Or is it on the same level as BabiesRUs and other stores that have a "no weapons" sticker on their window? I haven't CC in there since I read the sign but I don't like the idea of stray dogs and punks walking through there some nights when we are there and not having my EDC on me...

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Thanks--I checked that link out--good info but it only answered for me in relation to State Parks--I've read on other forums too and haven't really heard a decisive answer....

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    Get a copy of state and city gun regs that way you get latest changes

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeebra724 View Post
    Thanks--I checked that link out--good info but it only answered for me in relation to State Parks--I've read on other forums too and haven't really heard a decisive answer....

"State Preemption
    Title 18 6120. Limitation on the Regulation of Firearms and Ammunition.
    (a) General rule.--No county, municipality or township may in any manner regulate the lawful ownership,
    possession, transfer or transportation of firearms, ammunition or ammunition components when carried or
    transported for purposes not prohibited by the laws of this Commonwealth.
    (a.1) No right of action.
    1. No political subdivision may bring or maintain an action at law or in equity against any firearms or
    ammunition manufacturer, trade association or dealer for damages, abatement, injunctive relief or any other
    relief or remedy resulting from or relating to either the lawful design or manufacture of firearms or
    ammunition or the lawful marketing or sale of firearms or ammunition to the public.
    2. Nothing in this subsection shall be construed to prohibit a political subdivision from bringing or
    maintaining an action against a firearms or ammunition manufacturer or dealer for breach of contract or
    warranty as to firearms or ammunition purchased by the political subdivision."
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

RKM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    "State Preemption
    (a) General rule.--No county, municipality or township may in any manner regulate the lawful ownership,
    possession, transfer or transportation of firearms, ammunition or ammunition components when carried or
    1. No political subdivision may bring or maintain an action at law or in equity against any firearms or
    ammunition manufacturer, trade association or dealer for damages, abatement, injunctive relief or any other
    relief or remedy resulting from or relating to either the lawful design or manufacture of firearms or
    ammunition or the lawful marketing or sale of firearms or ammunition to the public.
    2. Nothing in this subsection shall be construed to prohibit a political subdivision from bringing or
    maintaining an action against a firearms or ammunition manufacturer or dealer for breach of contract or
    This.

County or township owned parks are okay to carry on. Even if they have a no firearms sign, they're not legally allowed to regulate the legal carry, just as Mike provided. My local park has a sign that prohibits firearms, and it has been mentioned on local forums. It has been said by somebody (pro gun) Who works within the township (I'm not sure of his actual position) that it shall not be enforced to legally possessed firearms. They were working to have the sign removed. I don't know the details though.

Parks in general are okay. If they are privately owned parks, still the sign holds no law, though, you can be cited for trespassing if found to have a firearm on private property that prohibits firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    "State Preemption
    Thanks again...I will plan on CC next time I go to the park...and have this file handy too should I need to use it later.

Links