One more reason...

This is a discussion on One more reason... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; People standing in line to buy the new PS3 were robbed by two gunmen this morning. Here is the story... http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,230182,00.html...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: One more reason...

One more reason...

People standing in line to buy the new PS3 were robbed by two gunmen this morning. Here is the story...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,230182,00.html

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    First off - and it's probably my age! - I am at a loss to see this crazyness for a darned game machine! Give things a bit of time and eventually everyone can get one and the prices will drop. Price of one of those would get a nice new gun!!

That aside - chances are many folks waiting in line never thought of themselves as potential victims - and yet wallets were bulging and inviting.

That time of night and con white - ripe pickings. Pity a CCW was not there and alert, to have dealt with the punks.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Sleeping sheep in a line are enticing for wolves. Bad places to be. Nothing is so important to risk that. Dumb.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

There'd been hell to pay if they coulda used the virtual guns from HALO. I doubt they would know how to operate a real gun...

It is a shame that no one recognized the possibility of what could happen because it did !
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

Those with a minimum of intelligence, emotional maturity and common sense (qualities that are, more often than not, indicative of someone who may be eligible to obtain a CCW) would not put themselves in such a situation. Once again, living proof that you can't fix stupid.

cj
    When I first saw the headlines, I thought that the shooting had been between some people in line and flashes of 'shootouts over parking spaces' ranted by sheep when CCW is on the ballots ran through my head.

Once again, this seems to show that the criminals with guns are the real problem and has no bearing on those who actually follow the law and jump through the flaming hoops to get a legal CCW.

My condolances to the victim, and I wish him a speedy recovery.

+1...I'm into gaming and you won't see me out there waiting in line. I'll wait and let Sony fix all the problems they'll encounter. I'll get one later when the price drops a lot more. And standing there waiting just lets the BGs know that you have money ready for the takin...well it would be credit in my case lol

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    First off - and it's probably my age! - I am at a loss to see this crazyness for a darned game machine! Give things a bit of time and eventually everyone can get one and the prices will drop. Price of one of those would get a nice new gun!!

That aside - chances are many folks waiting in line never thought of themselves as potential victims - and yet wallets were bulging and inviting.

That time of night and con white - ripe pickings. Pity a CCW was not there and alert, to have dealt with the punks.

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I just don't understand why people wait in line for hours or even days for material goods or to see a movie such as Star Wars. It's just like the Xbox 360 release, people were camping out and waiting in line, and at least once incident of where someone actually gets shot over a darn game system. I wait for the hype and the crazyness to die down before I buy a newly released game system.

The first customers tend to be unpaid Beta testers, like any other electronics product.

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    Not to defend the craziness or anything, but I would bet that very few of those people actually planned to keep the PS3 for themselves. Don't misunderstand, there are plenty of people (read spoiled rich brats) who are willing to pay ungodly amounts of money to be the "first" to own one of these things. But those people aren't the ones who camp out for weeks before the release.

This happens every time a major gaming system is released. The people who do the camping out buy one (sometimes more) of them at retail price (~$600), and then immediately turn around and sell the thing on ebay for upwards of $3000, and keep the profits. The spoiled brats will pay that much to be the "first", and they don't even have to stand in line to get it. In most cases, the item is either already sold or the auction will end within minutes of actually purchasing the system at the store.

Regarding the shooting, that's very unfortunate, and it points out that people who think they're safe in a crowd couldn't be more wrong. Crime doesn't always happen when you're alone in a dark alley.

Yet another PS3 robbery at gun point. This time they just wanted the console.
    http://www.news10.net/printfullstory.aspx?storyid=21616

-------------
    Walther1

Life, liberty, and the pursuit of the ultimate CC gun!

Yes they are!
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

VIP Member
    Last night I was watching the news and they covered the story about a local store with people lined up sleeping in tents waiting for the store to open the next morning so they could be the "first" to get a PS-3.

Maybe I think too much like a crook?
    But the first thing I thought was "I wonder how many thousands of dollars are sitting in all those pockets"?
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Assistant Administrator
    We had that too on local news - Circuit City in Johnstown had these folks and tents.

Supposedly tho they only had 8 units available for sale!!!!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links