Joke of the Century, or false advertising ????

This is a discussion on Joke of the Century, or false advertising ???? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Quote: Developed in Israel for the world's military and police services, Holster is a revolutionary step forward in hoster design and molded polymer holsters. .....Holsters ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Joke of the Century, or false advertising ????

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar

Joke of the Century, or false advertising ????

Quote: Developed in Israel for the world's military and police services, Holster is a revolutionary step forward in hoster design and molded polymer holsters. .....Holsters utilize a passive retention system that allows for rapid presentation. Unquote.

speaking of a Forbus standard for my new glock 26.....secure yes...rapid presentation NOT. After 3 pulls and my belt was up around my chin the weapon still is holstered.......what a joke......will stick with my Sticky.........for sure for sure.....
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

2. Remove Ads

I tried a Fobus once despite all the warnings against it because at the time it was near impossible to find a paddle holster for the P250SC. Found out the warnings were correct. The paddle is way too flabby, the retention is hit or miss - if you draw very straight it's good, if you have any angle at all, it's a no-go. Ended up with the pistol pointed downrange a couple times, holster and all, and that was it - into the holster box it went.

I'd put it up for sale, but I can't in good conscience allow anyone else to have it.
    mgsterling likes this.

JD
    Administrator
    What do you know, the earth is still turning, is still round, and Fobus still stinks.

Sent via Tapatalk 2, and still using real words.

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar
    But they look cool... maybe even tac-i-cool.

Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar
    I like my Fobus Holsters. I have three. One for my SW99, one for my SigPro and one for my Sig Mosquito. I have no trouble with retention, easy draw or not staying put when I do draw.
    40Bob likes this.
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

Back when I was young and untrained, I carried my XD in a fobus the very first time I carried. It wasn't until I got home and tried to unholster that I realized I needed a 30 ton crane to get my pistol out of the holster. I promptly put the fobus in the abyss known as "the box of holsters" and never took it back out.
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Badey, got room in there for one more????? LOL
    Badey likes this.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by SCXDm9 View Post
    But they look cool... maybe even tac-i-cool.
    No. No they dont.
    JD, Taurahe, Aceoky and 2 others like this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Have a paddle style and belt style for a 1911 and never had any issues. Not saying I would go that direction again and like my gun you'll have to pry my Crossbreed Supertuck from my cold dead fingers.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    I got a Fobus holster for my P99 a few years ago and it works pretty well for me. Maybe they just aren't all that great for different weapon sizes and shapes?
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

False advertising, I think.

Of all the holsters I have, I've got one from Blade-Tech. It's an OWB paddle design, for range events. Works well, for that. Hasn't ever failed me.

Everything else for "duty" (CC/OC) wear is a traditional custom leather unit.

gasmitty likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Now I do like the Fobus mag pouch...that's about it....I'll stick to my good ole' leather holsters.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I have a few Fobus holsters. I think the answer to your question of whether it's a joke or false advertising is YES to both. I will say that over time they do loosen up a little bit, making drawing a bit easier. However they are not my favorite holsters by any means. They mostly sit in my holster box, seeing little use.

VIP Member
    Have you ever seen any manufacturer of anything say: "Buy our product, there are hundreds of others on the market that are as good if not better, but we still think you should buy ours".
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

If you want to quick draw with just the right amount of retention, Try the Kydex holsters form Cross Breed. I have no problem getting the gun out easily and quickly. And you could probably also hang upside down for a couple of seconds before it fell out. It's also great for racking with one hand at least with a S&W M&P .40 Compact.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links