Glock & +P; +P+ ammo?? What does Glock say??
So this came up in another thread, and it's come up several times, so I decided to call the US "Assembly" plant in Ga today and find out first hand.

I talked to Darrell(Darryl) who was in tech support and asked specifically if there was a problem removing ANY Glock pistol from the shipping box and feeding it either +P or +P+ ammo.

His response:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrel From Glock
There is not a problem with firing +P or +P+ FACTORY ammo out of a Glock weapon. We DO NOT recommend feeding any of our pistols a steady diet of this type of ammo due to the excessive pressures that CAN cause excessive wear on the weapon.
Next I asked if they recommend upgrading any components like a recoil spring for someone that might want to carry these rounds exclusively and practice with them at a rate of two range trips a month.

Quote:
We would recommend that the end user be aware of the extra pressure these rounds can exert on the weapon and would recommend them to upgrade their recoil spring at a rate of once every 2,000 rounds ( of +P or +P+ ) instead of our normal recommended number of 3,000-5,000 regular rounds
Then I asked him if there was damage to the weapon and a customer sent it back with full disclosure that they had indeed been shooting +P and/or +P+ ammo in it, would this void the warranty or otherwise affect the level of service they received. This answer was a little less definite.

Quote:
I would like to say that Glock would stand behind our product and our warranty 100% but in a case such as this there would have to be questions if the damage was done due to excessive pressure and if that excessive pressure was from factory loads or not.
"So, Glock may question if the end user was handloading and this caused the problem?"

Quote:
Yes sir, that is corrrect. But it should not affect the level of service or attention that the customer would receive from Glock.
So, there you have it folks. Right from Tech Support in Georgia. You can shoot the hot stuff through your Glocks, but make sure and change your recoil springs frequently and have your data books up to date with the ammo you used just in case.

+1 for Glock on this issue.