Good News I hope for NC. It's long overdue

This is a discussion on Good News I hope for NC. It's long overdue within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; UPDATED: Bill to allow concealed carry permit holders to carry guns into bars, restaurants passes in House May 7, 2013 By Caroline Curran PortCityDaily.com is ...

Thread: Good News I hope for NC. It's long overdue

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar

UPDATED: Bill to allow concealed carry permit holders to carry guns into bars, restaurants passes in House
    May 7, 2013 By Caroline Curran

PortCityDaily.com is your source for free news and information in the Wilmington area.

RALEIGH—A bill that would allow concealed carry permit holders to carry firearms into bars and restaurants passed in the state House today.

House Bill 937 passed its third reading 78 votes to 42 votes. It now moves on to the Senate.

The GOP-led bill expands concealed carry privileges and strengthens some laws for crimes committed with firearms.

House Bill 937 would allow concealed carry permit holders in North Carolina to carry a concealed weapon into “an assembly where an admission fee is charged or an establishment where alcoholic beverages are sold and consumed,” both of which are currently illegal in North Carolina. The concealed carry permit holder would not be allowed to consume alcohol while carrying.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Good deal. It wouldn't bother me that I couldn't drink while carrying, since I already don't do that.

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokinFool View Post
    Good deal. It wouldn't bother me that I couldn't drink while carrying, since I already don't do that.
    Yes....concealed carry and alcohol consumption in NC is a fast track to loosing your ccl and your weapon....but it would be nice to go out to eat (without drinking) and carry.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Links