Prepping and Sinus Infections

This is a discussion on Prepping and Sinus Infections within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Always have to be prepared! Belt mounted tissue box Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Prepping and Sinus Infections

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar

Prepping and Sinus Infections

Always have to be prepared!

Belt mounted tissue box

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Images
    RETSUPT99, QKShooter and archer51 like this.
    Friends don't let friends wear fanny packs!!!

Open carry is to a handgun as bluetooth is to a cell phone!

2. Remove Ads

My wife is suffering at this time with a sinus infection. She is moving around the house with a roll of toilet tissue and a small trash can. Funny and not funny at the same time...

You have my sympathies if you suffering from a sinus infection.
    I Shoot Birds With A Canon.

I hate sinus stuff, i usually get some pretty bad headaches and am not 100 percent for a while

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4 beta
    S&W M&P 9c
    Ruger LCR + P (.38)
    Kahr PM9
    Taurus M851 (.38)

The only thing I hate is how hard they've made it to get Sudafed thesedays! Last time I tried to buy some I was told that I needed a prescription! Like I can afford to go to the doc for every sniffle, or that people with minor headcolds should be clogging up the healthcare system. Last year I bought it out of state. There's a black market for Sudafed now and NOT just for the meth heads!!
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

Quote Originally Posted by SCXDm9 View Post

Belt mounted tissue box

LOL. Ya gotta love it! Hope you get back to good health soon, if you do indeed have a sinus infection.

Belt mounted tissue box

You need a hobby.
    9MMare and Fausty like this.
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

VIP Member
    Having had a sinus infection before anyone suffering from one has my sympathy. And as far as the Sudafed that is further proof of the failure of the so-called “war on drugs”.
    Doghandler, 9MMare and Tala like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Used to keep a stuffy nose all the time but after nasal surgery no more. Best thing I ever did....a clear sinus now all the time..
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by jblitz View Post
    My wife is suffering at this time with a sinus infection. She is moving around the house with a roll of toilet tissue and a small trash can. Funny and not funny at the same time...
    BTDT with the flu (serious flu), once, hobbling around the house with tissue and a large trash can. No fun. The rare hobbling was bad. The ejectamenta via trash can was worse. Two weeks of misery. Give me a cold or "sinus" problem any day.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by Tala View Post
    The only thing I hate is how hard they've made it to get Sudafed thesedays! Last time I tried to buy some I was told that I needed a prescription! Like I can afford to go to the doc for every sniffle, or that people with minor headcolds should be clogging up the healthcare system. Last year I bought it out of state. There's a black market for Sudafed now and NOT just for the meth heads!!
    Here in town it's probably quicker and easier to buy crack (no, I haven't tried!) even they don't require a prescription for Sudafed.
    Last edited by sigs; May 27th, 2013 at 10:25 AM.

Administrator
    There was an older Doctor in Oakland (in Pittsburgh) Doctor Miller - who had a unique method of handling Sinus Infections.
    He has since passed away. He was in his 80s back when I went to him.

I had a horrific Sinus infection years ago. I have not had one since.
    I went to him back when it felt like my entire head was going to EXPLODE!

Here is what he did. He first used to pack your nose with gauze.

Then he would put your face under this heat lamp for about 15 minutes.

It felt like he was cooking your face.

Then he would remove that gauze and he would actually go into your sinus cavities with this glass tube hooked up to an OLD antique vacuum pump.

He would physically suck all of that infection and puss out of your sinuses. You could watch it all drop into this glass bottle.

I remember him telling me..."Oh Man! You're LOADED!"

Then you would tilt your head back & he would use this other piece of laboratory glass to flush out your sinus cavities with saline solution.

You had to keep repeating KAY KAY KAY KAY KAY while this salt water was running down the back of your throat.

Then he would spray you up each nostril with...........COCAINE Water.

He really did.

The amazing thing was that you went in there feeling like you were ready to die...and you walked out feeling perfect.

No waiting for antibiotics to work. In fact you did not need to even take an antibiotic. You were just cured.

He used to get a lot of famous folks flying into Pittsburgh to get his Sinus treatment and not because of the Cocaine Water.

It was because these TV people and these athlete and pro-golfers, models, etc etc just could not function properly with a sinus infection and they needed to get cured right away.

As far as I know he was the only Doctor in the U.S. that treated Sinus infection that way.
    thechriskarel likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    There was an older Doctor in Oakland (in Pittsburgh) Doctor Miller - who had a unique method of handling Sinus Infections.
    He has since passed away. He was in his 80s back when I went to him.

I had a horrific Sinus infection years ago. I have not had one since.
    I went to him back when it felt like my entire head was going to EXPLODE!

Here is what he did. He first used to pack your nose with gauze.

Then he would put your face under this heat lamp for about 15 minutes.

It felt like he was cooking your face.

Then he would remove that gauze and he would actually go into your sinus cavities with this glass tube hooked up to an OLD antique vacuum pump.

He would physically suck all of that infection and puss out of your sinuses. You could watch it all drop into this glass bottle.

I remember him telling me..."Oh Man! You're LOADED!"

Then you would tilt your head back & he would use this other piece of laboratory glass to flush out your sinus cavities with saline solution.

You had to keep repeating KAY KAY KAY KAY KAY while this salt water was running down the back of your throat.

Then he would spray you up each nostril with...........COCAINE Water.

He really did.

The amazing thing was that you went in there feeling like you were ready to die...and you walked out feeling perfect.

No waiting for antibiotics to work. In fact you did not need to even take an antibiotic. You were just cured.

He used to get a lot of famous folks flying into Pittsburgh to get his Sinus treatment and not because of the Cocaine Water.

It was because these TV people and these athlete and pro-golfers, models, etc etc just could not function properly with a sinus infection and they needed to get cured right away.

As far as I know he was the only Doctor in the U.S. that treated Sinus infection that way.
    Man! That sounds ... unpleasant ... to say the least. But, thinking back on my last sinus infection, it might just be worth it.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

I've dealt with this for years until an Ear Nose and Throat doctor prescribed Nasonex. Works great.
    blake716 likes this.
    Luis

"Everybody's got a plan, 'til they get hit".

Mike Tyson

Belt mounted tissue box

I need one of those. I've gone through half a roll of TP just in the last two hours, not due to infection, but allergy symptoms which I've developed over the last 15 years or so and which seem to get worse every year. Anti histamines just don't seem to help.

Sometimes I get "attacks" and start sneezing and coughing and my nose drips clear fluid like a faucet. In public folks walk around me like I'm a leper. It's very embarrassing and quite a nuisance for everyone. I think I need to get tested and get the shots.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

Quote Originally Posted by Luis50 View Post
    I've dealt with this for years until an Ear Nose and Throat doctor prescribed Nasonex. Works great.
    On my last visit to the ENT, I thought I was going for a sinus infection that wouldn't go away. Turns out there were polyps in my sinuses. He prescribed be antibiotics, steroid pills and Nasonex.

Cleared it up 2 days later. Fast forward a few months and my sinuses started acting up again, so I started taking the Nasonex again. Cleared it up. Good stuff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links