I have never sold a gun, need some advice.

This is a discussion on I have never sold a gun, need some advice. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have pawned guns, a long time ago, before I knew any better, lol. Obviously that's not the way to get the most $. What ...

Thread: I have never sold a gun, need some advice.

I have never sold a gun, need some advice.

I have pawned guns, a long time ago, before I knew any better, lol. Obviously that's not the way to get the most $. What is the best way to go about selling either one of my glocks? Wanting to get the most for it. I have a g17 and a g26. I don't really want to part with either, but I really want a g23 and cannot afford one out right. Or should I just keep both and wait?

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CCinaG26 View Post
    I have pawned guns, a long time ago, before I knew any better, lol. Obviously that's not the way to get the most $. What is the best way to go about selling either one of my glocks? Wanting to get the most for it. I have a g17 and a g26. I don't really want to part with either, but I really want a g23 and cannot afford one out right. Or should I just keep both and wait?
    Maybe someone on the buy, sell, trade subforum here will buy one, or trade you.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

List them on your local armslist....It is the craigslist for firearms.

IMHO wait

You can collect all the guns you want, if you just bide your time. I've never sold a handgun, traded a few for better quality guns over the years though. Check out the blue book of gun values before you try to set a price on your gun. In the end it is only worth what someone else will pay for it.

...I'd pursue a trade...used for used...get the most value from your weapon...so will the person you trade with...

You could start with the Members' buy/sell/trade forum here (as long as you don't advertise elsewhere on line simultaneously). Check GunBroker to see what current selling prices are, price yours accordingly, and see what happens. You'll probably get more in a private sale than in a gun store trade.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

I buy and sell all the time. No Im not a dealer. I love experimenting and trying to find the perfect one (long gun/pistol). I'm not married to anything other than my wife and family. Here's what I do. I check several gun sites. Mostly gunbroker and I watch to see what people are asking and paying. I check retail prices and see where they stand. Then I go to a shop I do a lot of business with and see what we can work out. Used for used is the best way. If I don't like the shops offer I will sell online or through forums. I'm different than most. Guns are just guns to me. I don't have any that I'm attached too cause I will just get another. At some point I move on with all of my guns. I know it sounds weird to most, but to me a gun is a tool. It's metal and serves a purpose and I can always get one. I have no emotional attachment to them. Sell your's and get the one you want.

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    I have only sod 2 guns out of my collection and both to family, I never sell just collect, shoot, and carry. Wait and buy three is always better than two and the wait just makesmit better
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

VIP Member
    Google "Missouri gun forums," and like queries. With a little searching you can probably find a local gun forum that facilitates face to face meets. That's how I found my local forums in Georgia.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

I have used Armslist.com to sell a few firearms and have always been able to get a fair price. I always require them to show me their Ohio license, which I will take a pic of for my records (or a CCW). I write I real short description of the transaction and have them sign it (I include the serial number as well). You don't "have" to do any of this stuff for a private sale in Ohio, but I consider it a CYA measure. If the buyer doesn't want to do all of that stuff, I understand totally, but I won't be doing business with them. Of course always require a meeting at a public place during the day time......don't want strangers knowing where you live with a house full of firearms to steal!

Good luck with whatever you decide!

Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    Google "Missouri gun forums," and like queries. With a little searching you can probably find a local gun forum that facilitates face to face meets. That's how I found my local forums in Georgia.
    +1 on this advice. I have sold and bought several guns via the Minnesota Gun Talk Forum. Feel better doing a face to face deal, getting a receipt, checking out paperwork and best of all, getting cash for the deal!

Links