Ammo Shortage...Really?

This is a discussion on Ammo Shortage...Really? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ammo Shortage...Really? Yeah never fails a friend and I were lamenting on the lack of ammo and its cost I go to Wal Mart and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Ammo Shortage...Really?

Ammo Shortage...Really?

Ammo Shortage...Really?
    Yeah never fails a friend and I were lamenting on the lack of ammo
    and its cost I go to Wal Mart and see all kinds of 9mm, 223, 7.63X39,
    40 & 45 all at great prices!! But I could only get 3 50rd. boxes so I got my
    9mm and left. Boy the one time I wish the wife would have been there
    so I could buy more ammo. When I told her I was going to Wal-Mart she said you go ahead I want to watch a movie, any other time she would kill to be there! Oh well.

Unbelievable!! Same town but different Wal-mart. 24hrs. later I scored 3, Winchester 100 round value packs, my price for the 3 only 24.47 + tax each!!
    77.45 inc. tax for 300 rds. of 9mm 115gr. FMJ, I'm set for a while!! I'll pick up my new Bersa BP-9cc tomorrow give it a good cleaning to remove the thick oil and grease, then it gets the good stuff, Slip EWL before a single round is sent downrange! I just can't believe my good luck, 450rds. in 2 days!
    vilecanards and GhostMaker like this.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    All calibers seem to be showing up a little more often. . . . except for .22LR which I have not seen anywhere I have looked.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Get your wife and six adult friends to go shopping for ammo...
    AR15VSCoyote likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I found some 9mm at Walmart today my hk will be happy.

The sports department register opens at 7am and what-ever is in the case is gone by 815am. I guess the early`bird gets to go target shooting

Though it may be shipped a little at a time at least it is showing up, and WW is holding their prices within reason too; compared to other retailers.

Quote Originally Posted by zamboni View Post
    The sports department register opens at 7am and what-ever is in the case is gone by 815am. I guess the early`bird gets to go target shooting

Though it may be shipped a little at a time at least it is showing up, and WW is holding their prices within reason too; compared to other retailers.
    You need to find a disgruntled semi-English fluent employee who works in the sporting goods section at night when they bring in the new stock who lets you buy as many boxes as you want if you pay in cash...or so I've heard

Quote Originally Posted by MJB_17 View Post
    You need to find a disgruntled semi-English fluent employee who works in the sporting goods section at night when they bring in the new stock who lets you buy as many boxes as you want if you pay in cash...or so I've heard
    I was told the ammo is locked up in a cage,and until a manager shows up with a key in the morning they can't access it,or so I've heard which is why they probably stock the shelves around 7am
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I was told the ammo is locked up in a cage,and until a manager shows up with a key in the morning they can't access it,or so I've heard which is why they probably stock the shelves around 7am
    The 24hr ones stock their shelves around 8-11pm on days they get deliveries.

Distinguished Member Array CDW4ME's Avatar
    When I can walk into Wal-Mart, at any time of the day, and see multiple boxes of handgun ammo in various calibers including HP Win USA & Rem green box then the ammo shortage is easing.
    No internal lock or magazine disconnect on my pistols!

Quote Originally Posted by CDW4ME View Post
    When I can walk into Wal-Mart, at any time of the day, and see multiple boxes of handgun ammo in various calibers including HP Win USA & Rem green box then the ammo shortage is easing.
    Remington green box is something I haven't seen in awhile except at Academy, WWB seems to have gotten even dirtier and poorly QC'd than usual lately.

VIP Member
    Well hopefully it will start showing up around here soon. Shelves still bare here.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by MJB_17 View Post
    The 24hr ones stock their shelves around 8-11pm on days they get deliveries.
    If that is true, then apparently policy can vary by store. We get a truck every evening. If there is ammo on it, the ammo is locked in the back until the following morning. Nobody staffs sporting goods after about ten at night and the keys to the display cases are locked up also.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

We have 4 Wal Marts where I live and it's the same story at all.....ammo comes out at 7am and is gone by 7:15-7:30am......and you'd better be in line by 4:30-5am if you want any! Shelves are bare the rest of the time except for a few oddball rounds!
    Proverbs 3:5-6
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    If that is true, then apparently policy can vary by store. We get a truck every evening. If there is ammo on it, the ammo is locked in the back until the following morning. Nobody staffs sporting goods after about ten at night and the keys to the display cases are locked up also.
    I guess your store isn't disgruntled enough!! You must need another customer to crap on the floor!

Wish that wouldbhappen to me eeverytime I go all empty shelves except for oddball rifle ammo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links