What a day with my new BP-9cc !!

This is a discussion on What a day with my new BP-9cc !! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well I picked the gun up today at 10:30am went home cleaned the barrel & recoil spring and headed for the range. Loaded both mags ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: What a day with my new BP-9cc !!

Well I picked the gun up today at 10:30am went home cleaned the barrel & recoil spring and headed for the range. Loaded both mags fist round raked and click....No BOOM ejected the round and racked another round squeezed and click...No BOOM! Thought maybe it was a problem with the magazine inserted the 2nd mag and racked the round and BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM! then click again? Extremely light primer strikes. "Houston" we have a problem! Headed back to the dealer, he gave it a complete cleaning and the dealer said the area around the firing pin was really gunky, cleaned it put some Slip EWL and put it back together. Well he said I think that was your problem go try it out and if it still fails to work we will send it back.

Back to the range after 3 mags with no issues were good to go!
    This is a very accurate C.C. gun at 7yds. my groups were within 1-1/2" that is until I fired the Bersa as fast as I could! If its not gonna fire under all conditions its better I find out now.

So after a initial problem with gunk in the firing pin area, I can say this is a most controllable gun, hardly any muzzle jump and very accurate...In other words its a keeper!!

We've spoken about it in some previous threads. Most experienced shooters (that I know) throughly strip, clean the gun & lightly re-lube before that first trip to the range. Manufacturers aren't so worried about functionality when a new gun leaves the factory. They're concerned about corrosion while the gun is being shipped (sometimes via sea-going container) and sitting in inventory at the distributor's warehouse. That's the "gunk" with which your pistol was filled. Even the mighty GLOCK comes full of copper-colored crap that has (again, IMHO) nothing to do with the out-of-the-box functionality.

Glad to hear the Bersa BP9cc has met your initial standards. Keep us posted!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    We've spoken about it in some previous threads. Most experienced shooters (that I know) throughly strip, clean the gun & lightly re-lube before that first trip to the range. Manufacturers aren't so worried about functionality when a new gun leaves the factory. They're concerned about corrosion while the gun is being shipped (sometimes via sea-going container) and sitting in inventory at the distributor's warehouse. That's the "gunk" with which your pistol was filled. Even the mighty GLOCK comes full of copper-colored crap that has (again, IMHO) nothing to do with the out-of-the-box functionality.

Glad to hear the Bersa BP9cc has met your initial standards. Keep us posted!
    Always field strip and clean your weapon thoroughly before taking her for that initial spin.

Glad to hear !!!..The more i look the more i find myself drawn to the bersa line. The BPC9 has thouroughly intrigued me to say the least as an alternative to the shield. Keep us posted
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    I think Bersa is an extremely underrated pistol. Glad to hear the new 9cc is keeping up the reputation.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I think it's more than just you who's failed to properly clean a new firearm. Glad to hear it worked out for you.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Sponsor
    BigDeal,

Did you check that roll pin?

I'm just curious if Bersa has change that part.

I wish I could get the BP9CC trigger in my PPS frame. That would be the ultimate slim 9mm for me! The short reset on the Bersa is really spectacular. I'm going to have the take the Bersa for a spin this weekend, just to get re-aquainted.
    Phaedrus likes this.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

Congrats on a real sleeper for the rest of the firearm community. As good as they are, you would think more Americans would pay attention to Bersa.

every time I've had light primer strikes, its due to gunk filling up the firing pin channel. I've cleaned and lubed guns and put them away for an extended period
    and the next range trip.....gunk in the firing pin channel. You'd think after all this time I'd learn....but on, no...that would be too easy.

The BP 9CC has a polyganol rifled barrel (aka Glock). This is the ONLY single stack 9mm that I am aware that has this type of rifling. Not the Shield, not the PPS,
    not the Nano, and not the CW Kahr lineup. To get the polyganol rifled barrel in the Kahr, you have to pay big bucks for the P series....which are about $200 more than the BP.

Two of the most accurate guns I own...both Bersa's...and both with polyganol rifled barrels.

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Good to hear its working good now for you. Bersas are a great pistol I have the thunder 380 and love the gun good accuracy reliable and concealable. Keep us posted with a range report soon and congrats on a great gun.

Bersa guns are really underrated, I agree. You really do need to clean them before use though, they are made in Argentina and are packed with a lot of grease, which is intended to prevent corrosion rather than to lubricate parts. All new guns really should be cleaned thoroughly and lubricated as directed by the manufacturer prior to use.

This is a gun that I'm really looking forward to shooting, that trigger is just so much better than any other striker fired gun its scary! what do I mean? Well while other guns have a build up or wall just before they fire not this one. The first few times I shot it it almost seemed to easy. Just maybe a 4lb. pull would be my guess. I'm gonna have to change the way I shoot, for me the trigger is more like the trigger I'm used to with some of my rifles. You just squeeze slowly and almost as if by magic it goes off, this is gonna be a sweet gun after I put a few hundred down the barrel. Never had a handgun with such a smooth trigger!

Yeah...I like it!

You know if the owners manual would have shown me how to access the firing pin area I would have cleaned it right away when I did the barrel & recoil spring. The dealer showed me how to access the area its very similar to what I see with Rugers when I clean that area. I use Slip EWL on all my guns been a fan of the Slip lube for the last 8yrs., any thoughts on what you use on your handguns as far as lube goes?

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeal View Post
    This is a gun that I'm really looking forward to shooting, that trigger is just so much better than any other striker fired gun its scary! what do I mean? Well while other guns have a build up or wall just before they fire not this one. The first few times I shot it it almost seemed to easy. Just maybe a 4lb. pull would be my guess. I'm gonna have to change the way I shoot, for me the trigger is more like the trigger I'm used to with some of my rifles. You just squeeze slowly and almost as if by magic it goes off, this is gonna be a sweet gun after I put a few hundred down the barrel. Never had a handgun with such a smooth trigger!

Yeah...I like it!
    the very, very, very short re-set is the best thing about the trigger. Only single stack 9mm that can hold its own against a Glock in rapid fire.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    the very, very, very short re-set is the best thing about the trigger. Only single stack 9mm that can hold its own against a Glock in rapid fire.
    I can't argue with that the reset is unbelievable! Just wondering do I need snap caps or can I dry fire without them to practice trigger pull??

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    BigDeal, Just a question I couldn't really tell from your OP. Did you lube the firing pin? I would wipe the FP and channel dry, lubing that part will allow debris to collect back in there and that is one thing that will cause you issues, first with light strikes and after much accumulation it will tie the FP up completely. No lube in the FP channel or on FP.

I recall back when Bug Dude got his BP9CC, I had a buddy that was very interested in the gun's release, but I have yet to see one in person. Are they upping their import numbers now? I know they have been hard to get.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links