You know you are developing in your CC methods when...

This is a discussion on You know you are developing in your CC methods when... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 1) You have a long conversation about the advantages of CC in light of the 2nd amendment with someone and they can't tell you are ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: You know you are developing in your CC methods when...

1) You have a long conversation about the advantages of CC in light of the 2nd amendment with someone and they can't tell you are CC--and you don't tell them.

2) You preach at church wearing a sweater vest and dress shirt instead of a suit and no notices.

3) You are sitting at your desk at work and think, "Wait! Did I forget to put on my EDC gun?!" And then you feel your waist and are like, "Oh duh! Didn't even feel it on my belt in its IWB holster!"

4) Your 3-year old son stops bumping his head on your EDC's grip and trains himself to run and give you a hug on your left side.

What do y'all have to add to the list?

I like #3 it reminds me on my drive to work sometimes have to check to make sure I remembered if I put my EDC on.
    Zeebra724 likes this.

Your kids know to cover their ears if daddy ever draws his gun. Hehe
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

My daughters have trained themselves as well not to run any part of themselves into my pistol. Unfortunately they had to learn the hard way...
    Zeebra724 likes this.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

5) Your wife has to ask if you are carrying.
    Zeebra724, msgt/ret, GH and 6 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith44 View Post
    I used to love it when my wife had to ask if I was carrying or not, or if she was surprised when I removed my EDC at the end of the day. However, she knows now that it's strange for me to not have my EDC on, so she stopped asking and is actually surprised if I don't CC, which is rare.

I had to teach my girlfriend to walk on my left side and hold my left hand. It would help if she could learn her right from her left better though.

Funny about the church thing. I also carry at church, on stage, wearing an undershirt and a light, long-sleeve button-up shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by A1Fiddler View Post
    I had to teach my girlfriend to walk on my left side and hold my left hand. It would help if she could learn her right from her left better though.

Funny about the church thing. I also carry at church, on stage, wearing an undershirt and a light, long-sleeve button-up shirt.
    We will be out shopping and my wife will put her arm around my waist, remember that I'm carrying, give my EDC a light pat, and then hold my hand. I think she likes knowing that I'm doing the best we can to keep our loved ones safe.

My wife knows that unless I'm naked....I'm carrying. No need to ask. It did take awhile for her to get used to me carrying in my home but I explained that 100% of home invasion robberies happen in the home. She laughed and started to understand ;-)

The kids bumping into my grip still happens occasionally and they are 7 now but they mostly hug me on the left side as well.

We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is responsible for his actions....Ronald Reagan
    Zeebra724 and RossThompson like this.

My wife likes to lean against me whenever we're watching tv/movies and she is just now learning to sit on the left side so she doesn't keep getting poked by my MP40

GH
    When I walk the dog through the nearby state forest & hold her leash in my left hand all the time.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

My wife isn't a big fan of my gun, so it was an added incentive to conceal well so i didn't have to go through the whole, "why do you need a gun" discussion.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

VIP Member
    You refuse to visit relatives in no-issue and may-issue states.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    My wife isn't a big fan of my gun, so it was an added incentive to conceal well so i didn't have to go through the whole, "why do you need a gun" discussion.
    It took a long, long time, but my wife now finally says "You have your gun with you, right?"

Quote Originally Posted by DFuller View Post
    My wife knows that unless I'm naked....I'm carrying.
    I'm carrying even when I'm naked....that's how devoted I am to keeping my family safe.

I don't always carry two concealed S&W 500's.........JUST KIDDING!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links