PLEASE !! Don't feed the greed

This is a discussion on PLEASE !! Don't feed the greed within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yes a new handgun is nice..but useless without ammo...As I have been searching the internet for US and or foreign dealers for ammo I am ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: PLEASE !! Don't feed the greed

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar

Yes a new handgun is nice..but useless without ammo...As I have been searching the internet for US and or foreign dealers for ammo I am finding that the few that have "in stock" inventories are asking outrageous prices for the precious few boxes that are still available. (if they are telling the truth about "in stock")...some just want your money and then you get a email that they are on backorder.

Please don't feed this greed play...$2.00 a shell for 9mm should come under the heading Statutory Rape.
    CIBMike and Bonernor like this.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

I made a recent online purchase of 9mm for $22 box of 50 Winchester JHP (44 cents each). Bought four boxes. Another online order of four boxes of 50 Aguila FMJ for about the same price. No need to pay anything close to $2 each. Not back to what is was last fall, but not too far off from some online sources.
    Curzyk likes this.

Just go to walmart around 7 to 8 am you can buy up to 3 boxes of ammo just bought 3 boxes 9 mm federal 13.99 a box

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy8 View Post
    Just go to walmart around 7 to 8 am you can buy up to 3 boxes of ammo just bought 3 boxes 9 mm federal 13.99 a box
    may have to give this a shot....
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Distinguished Member Array Dan060's Avatar
    I won't pay 2.00 for a bullet. I did buy my sister a box of 380' fmjs for 15.00 which i thought was high.Can't afford to pay that often..How other's choose to spend their money is none of my business

Individuals will only pay what they're willing to pay, in a free exchange. It's the beauty of the market. It's nicely self-correcting, in that way.
    Betty, R040607 and thebucketeer like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    There are still relatively decent prices out there. You just have to work harder to find them. Order in as large a quantity as you can reasonably afford. The whole idea of buying only what you need to shoot today or this weekend is out the door. What we learned last time is the need to plan ahead.

It is what it is. If you don't like it, stop shooting or start reloading. Either of those options will help draw down the prices.

It's a lousy time for shooters right now but it will get better eventually. I keep telling myself that I need to do more dry-fire anyway.
    Oldpsufan, tundra and ccw9mm like this.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Quote Originally Posted by CAS_Shooter View Post
    I made a recent online purchase of 9mm for $22 box of 50 Winchester JHP (44 cents each). Bought four boxes. Another online order of four boxes of 50 Aguila FMJ for about the same price. No need to pay anything close to $2 each. Not back to what is was last fall, but not too far off from some online sources.
    Does that include the price of shipping distributed among your four boxes? I see a lot of people talking about buying ammo online to save money but I can't imagine you'd be saving that much with hazmat and freight added in. Just curious

Quote Originally Posted by Easy8 View Post
    Glad this can happen at some walmarts. Doesn't at mine. They put what they have out randomly. Have been to my walmart more in the last three months than in all my 57 years prior combined, looking for the elusive cheap 9mm. I assume someone got the prize at some point in the day, but no matter, early morning or late at night, when I get there the shelves are equally empty every day.

Quote Originally Posted by myrkr View Post
    Does that include the price of shipping distributed among your four boxes? I see a lot of people talking about buying ammo online to save money but I can't imagine you'd be saving that much with hazmat and freight added in. Just curious
    Shipping added $3 per box ($12 total). Made it $25 box of 50. There is a price that I won't pay. I have no real local option as no local outlet to me has 9mm. Dicks is the only sporting store within 30 miles of me and have not seen 9mm in Dicks since before Christmas. I visit my local WalMart very early, very late, mid day....no matter the ammo shelves rae always empty of 9mm when I come in. I can live with the occasional buy for $25 box. I know some day things will return to how they were last fall. They always do.

Wikiarms.com , better tracking than gunbot, IMHO, may help you out.

In Stock .45ACP Ammo Deals | Slickguns

Speer Lawman Ammunition 45 ACP 230 Grain Full Metal Jacket Box of 50 $0.46 /rd $22.99 In Stock
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

I don't buy 9mm unless I can get it for less than $0.50 / round. None of the online places I have done business with have played any sort of back-order game with me. This includes Cabela's, 9mmAmmo.com, Ammo Supply Warehouse and Able Ammo. While I understand that people want the prices that existed last fall, I have to say that it is an unrealistic expectation. Demand (rational or otherwise) dictates a higher price presently.

As far as not feeding the greed, I would recommend not buying ammo from private parties who bought out all of a local retailer's inventory just to mark it up for their own capitalist profiteering.

Don't worry, ammo is slowly becoming more readily available and as it does, prices will go back down. It will take time due to folks capitalizing on the demand, the stockpilers who don't feel they have enough and those that have been chomping at the bit waiting for the aforementioned to stop buying it all.
    Oldpsufan likes this.

Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

That's .36/rd plus shipping.
    If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links