Defensive Carry banner

Brady Campaign

2K views 21 replies 17 participants last post by  peacefuljeffrey 
#1 · (Edited)
I took a serious tour of the Brady campaign's website.

First and foremost, let me acknowledge what a tragedy James Brady's life has become after being injured in an attempt to assasinate his former boss, RR. Let me also commend both Mr. Brady and his wife for finding a purpose and what they believe to be a worthy goal in the aftermath of a terrible tragedy.

That said, I am absolutely stunned at the amount of misinformation, spin and outright deception posted on their website, much of which contradicts itself as one delves deeper and deeper into their bradycampaign.org.

Most people that peruse the Internet for a particular topic have a very short attention span. IMO, it must be that knowledge that allows them (the Bradys) to dissiminate the hype that they do, knowing that most readers/lurkers won't comprehend/compare the "facts" from one page to another.

As stated before, the less one knows about a particular subject, the more likely they are to believe lies, falsehoods and misinformation.

Bradys' attack on specific gun dealers, weapons, and manufacturers is the gist of their message. They urge citizen pressure on state and federal officials to pass legislation to rid the country of the pro-gun community.

And they also urge the public to send $$. What a surprise.

Their statistical data does note that gun related violence is commonplace in major metropolitan areas and they also have a specific note of violence among minorities and the use of firearms in suicides.

Seems to me that gun control is not the issue here. Their efforts would be better directed toward social issues within the minority community, life in major metropolitan areas, poverty, education, hunger and dealing with those that believe ending their life is the only option.

As tragic as his life-altering incident may have been, I have no intention of anybody altering my constitutional right to keep and bear arms.

They will find me dead with an empty gun surrounded by spent shell casings.

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow, that site's a real doozy! Did ya notice that most of their statistics were from the mid 90's or earlier? Fortunately, I think that any reasonably well educated gun owner could make a convincing case against anyone arguing that drivel. Anyone outh there who can't, get yourself edumacated!

#3 ·
The one thing that all gun control activists have in common is that they LIE. Some believe the lies -- most do, probably -- but regardless, because reality does not support their assertions, they are forced to rely on misinformation, myths, propaganda, and outright fiction to accomplish their goals.

Arden gun control activists are cowards who, because they cannot face the realities of self-defense, wish to make everyone else a potential victim in order to live out the illusion of safety they prefer to that harsh reality. Gun control activists are, in this way, delusional -- and dangerously so.

Of course, most of them are also hypocrites, as Ms. Brady and her armed guards will tell you.

The fact that Mr. Brady was wounded by a deranged gunman is NOT an excuse for her to work so hard to see to it that countless American citizens are murdered, raped, or otherwise victimized. She disgusts me on a personal level.

#4 ·
I could not have possibly said that better myself. I am in 100% agreement with everything you wrote Phil! :smile:

I too have read the Brady website quite a bit. I feel hit helps to know one's enemies. I always leave the site with a bit of a sick to my stomach feeling. :stups:

#6 ·
I went to the site once - not again as it was enough to have my blood pressure going off the clock.

Phil summed things up pretty well and yeah LIES - are the foundation for most of the disinformation and misinformation, which so sadly gets sucked up voraciously by sheep readers, with no brain to analyze and apply some logic.

Thing is - the only ''weapon'' the anti's have is lies - if they started using truth and logic, their whole campaign would collapse.

#7 ·
Phil stated the case very well. Many people are amazed at the misinformation, and are puzzled by the "ignorance" of the anti-gun lobby. Folks, you have to realize that these people are not misinformed. They know exactly what they are doing. It's not about safety and "protecting the children." It's about government control of a very real segment of the free population that could, if mobilized, resist government abuses of power. Government has never been a friend of free people. If our Founding Fathers could see what degree of control government has over our lives today, they would weep in disgust and shame. And every day, some folks cry out for more government to solve problems. The government, of course, will be only too happy to oblige. Just give up some money and some independence, and government will be happy to work things out for you.

#9 ·
It's Not All Lies...

you have to admit that between the lies...there is also some...
'Toro Feces'...:yup:

OMO

ret:urla9ub:

#15 ·
First and foremost, let me acknowledge what a tragedy James Brady's life has become after being injured in an attempt to assasinate his former boss, RR.
Forgive me, I kinda got a kick out of this, because syntactically, it implies that Brady was making an attempt on RR and got injured doing it. :tongue: I'm sure that's not what was meant.

. . .

It's quite accurate to describe the anti-gun movement as one that depends entirely its members' lack of understanding of the issue(s).

#17 ·
Originally Posted by Phil Elmore
The one thing that all gun control activists have in common is that they LIE. Some believe the lies -- most do, probably -- but regardless, because reality does not support their assertions, they are forced to rely on misinformation, myths, propaganda, and outright fiction to accomplish their goals.

Ardent gun control activists are cowards who, because they cannot face the realities of self-defense, wish to make everyone else a potential victim in order to live out the illusion of safety they prefer to that harsh reality. Gun control activists are, in this way, delusional -- and dangerously so.

Of course, most of them are also hypocrites, as Ms. Brady and her armed guards will tell you.

The fact that Mr. Brady was wounded by a deranged gunman is NOT an excuse for her to work so hard to see to it that countless American citizens are murdered, raped, or otherwise victimized. She disgusts me on a personal level.
There you go Phil :smile:

Wayne

#18 ·
I posted this link in another section of the combatcarry website but it seems appropriate to combat the apparent (mis)information provided by the Brady campaign with real information.

http://www.justfacts.com/gun_control.htm

If you read through these facts, it will show the real truth on how gun ownership is good for all of us.

I think the Brady's probably mean well, but have misplaced their anger on the "instrument" and not the person "playing it".

If Hinckley had AIDS and bit everyone that day on March 30th, 1981 giving them AIDS, would Brady be pushing to ban people with AIDS? What if Hinckley used a stapler and bludgeoned everyone that date? It seems rather ignorant to blame the device, but that is MHO.

#21 ·
The have adopted the typical Liberal Left Wing philosophy of "The End Justifies The Means" AKA any outright lie and falsehood is OK as long as it helps to accomplish their ultimate goal.
Don't even bother trying to correct them.
They already know that they are are not telling the truth.
It's intentional and they don't care what the truth is.
They are liars and they know they lie and they do not care.
That's a fact.

#22 ·
Pretty much.

When I think back to the days when my brother was in the army...
One week he came home on leave and showed us the new GLOCK 19 he had bought.

I can't say when I had first heard or read about GLOCKS, but I had heard of them before my brother brought one home in 1988, and I remember that the first thing I rushed to ask him, incredulously, was, "Isn't that the gun that is made of ceramic and can go through airport metal detectors?!"

Yep. Not being into guns at the time (I was in 11th grade at the time and did not grow up in a handgun family), I didn't know the FACTS about guns; I knew only what the MEDIA had LIED to me about them.

I remember how quick my brother was to remove the slide of the GLOCK and hand it to me and ask me how so much metal could possibly go undetected through airport security.

So from then on, I realized that someone had to have deliberately lied to get that rumor going. Think about it: it started with a news story or press release of some sort, no doubt. Whoever wrote it initially either:

- lied even though they knew the gun was largely made of metal, because they were familiar with it in one way or another
- reported (irresponsibly) without having ever seen or held the gun, and so had no business making any claims about it whatsoever because they were utterly unfamiliar with it

Either way, someone did something dishonest, and answer honestly -- don't you still have to occasionally chase down a non-gun friend who thinks that GLOCKs are undetectable? I know I do.

So the GLOCK story from the '80s is emblematic of the entire anti-gunner modus operandi. (Which we've established already is, "Lie, because the facts demolish our position.")

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.