Brady Campaign

This is a discussion on Brady Campaign within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I took a serious tour of the Brady campaign's website. First and foremost, let me acknowledge what a tragedy James Brady's life has become after ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brady Campaign

Brady Campaign

I took a serious tour of the Brady campaign's website.

First and foremost, let me acknowledge what a tragedy James Brady's life has become after being injured in an attempt to assasinate his former boss, RR. Let me also commend both Mr. Brady and his wife for finding a purpose and what they believe to be a worthy goal in the aftermath of a terrible tragedy.

That said, I am absolutely stunned at the amount of misinformation, spin and outright deception posted on their website, much of which contradicts itself as one delves deeper and deeper into their bradycampaign.org.

Most people that peruse the Internet for a particular topic have a very short attention span. IMO, it must be that knowledge that allows them (the Bradys) to dissiminate the hype that they do, knowing that most readers/lurkers won't comprehend/compare the "facts" from one page to another.

As stated before, the less one knows about a particular subject, the more likely they are to believe lies, falsehoods and misinformation.

Bradys' attack on specific gun dealers, weapons, and manufacturers is the gist of their message. They urge citizen pressure on state and federal officials to pass legislation to rid the country of the pro-gun community.

And they also urge the public to send $$. What a surprise.

Their statistical data does note that gun related violence is commonplace in major metropolitan areas and they also have a specific note of violence among minorities and the use of firearms in suicides.

Seems to me that gun control is not the issue here. Their efforts would be better directed toward social issues within the minority community, life in major metropolitan areas, poverty, education, hunger and dealing with those that believe ending their life is the only option.

As tragic as his life-altering incident may have been, I have no intention of anybody altering my constitutional right to keep and bear arms.

They will find me dead with an empty gun surrounded by spent shell casings.
    Last edited by Biloxi Bersa; November 18th, 2006 at 12:38 AM.

2. Remove Ads

Wow, that site's a real doozy! Did ya notice that most of their statistics were from the mid 90's or earlier? Fortunately, I think that any reasonably well educated gun owner could make a convincing case against anyone arguing that drivel. Anyone outh there who can't, get yourself edumacated!

The one thing that all gun control activists have in common is that they LIE. Some believe the lies -- most do, probably -- but regardless, because reality does not support their assertions, they are forced to rely on misinformation, myths, propaganda, and outright fiction to accomplish their goals.

Arden gun control activists are cowards who, because they cannot face the realities of self-defense, wish to make everyone else a potential victim in order to live out the illusion of safety they prefer to that harsh reality. Gun control activists are, in this way, delusional -- and dangerously so.

Of course, most of them are also hypocrites, as Ms. Brady and her armed guards will tell you.

The fact that Mr. Brady was wounded by a deranged gunman is NOT an excuse for her to work so hard to see to it that countless American citizens are murdered, raped, or otherwise victimized. She disgusts me on a personal level.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Elmore View Post
    The one thing that all gun control activists have in common is that they LIE. Some believe the lies -- most do, probably -- but regardless, because reality does not support their assertions, they are forced to rely on misinformation, myths, propaganda, and outright fiction to accomplish their goals.

Arden gun control activists are cowards who, because they cannot face the realities of self-defense, wish to make everyone else a potential victim in order to live out the illusion of safety they prefer to that harsh reality. Gun control activists are, in this way, delusional -- and dangerously so.

Of course, most of them are also hypocrites, as Ms. Brady and her armed guards will tell you.

The fact that Mr. Brady was wounded by a deranged gunman is NOT an excuse for her to work so hard to see to it that countless American citizens are murdered, raped, or otherwise victimized. She disgusts me on a personal level.

I could not have possibly said that better myself. I am in 100% agreement with everything you wrote Phil!

I too have read the Brady website quite a bit. I feel hit helps to know one's enemies. I always leave the site with a bit of a sick to my stomach feeling.

I read that site pretty completely a while back for a report I was doing. I thought it was funny that it sites the FBI uniform crime report as a source, then blatantly uses wrong numbers and makes stuff up.

Assistant Administrator
    I went to the site once - not again as it was enough to have my blood pressure going off the clock.

Phil summed things up pretty well and yeah LIES - are the foundation for most of the disinformation and misinformation, which so sadly gets sucked up voraciously by sheep readers, with no brain to analyze and apply some logic.

Thing is - the only ''weapon'' the anti's have is lies - if they started using truth and logic, their whole campaign would collapse.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Senior Member Array older gunner's Avatar
    Phil stated the case very well. Many people are amazed at the misinformation, and are puzzled by the "ignorance" of the anti-gun lobby. Folks, you have to realize that these people are not misinformed. They know exactly what they are doing. It's not about safety and "protecting the children." It's about government control of a very real segment of the free population that could, if mobilized, resist government abuses of power. Government has never been a friend of free people. If our Founding Fathers could see what degree of control government has over our lives today, they would weep in disgust and shame. And every day, some folks cry out for more government to solve problems. The government, of course, will be only too happy to oblige. Just give up some money and some independence, and government will be happy to work things out for you.

Sorry to all members for me to even post this thread.

Proof again that Merlot and E-mail don't mix.

It's Not All Lies...

you have to admit that between the lies...there is also some...
    'Toro Feces'...

OMO

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Hey Phil...Good Post...Here's a hearty +1!

Sure wish I had a way with words like that. Phil's got it right.+1
    You might be a Redneck if: You've ever pruned your trees with a shotgun.

With everyone quoting it, I wish I had not misspelled "ardent." ;)

Geez Phil, you sound a little angry. I donít know if I could have said what you said without getting more angry at the idiots who believe gun control is the answer to a civil society.

I applaud your answer and wish the majority of Americans would get it. Way to go!
    Don't be a fool and die for your country. Let the other sonofabitch die for his.

George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Biloxi Bersa View Post
    As stated before, the less one knows about a particular subject, the more likely they are to believe lies, falsehoods and misinformation.
    In a nutshell, this has been the basis of the anti-gun movement from the very beginning.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    First and foremost, let me acknowledge what a tragedy James Brady's life has become after being injured in an attempt to assasinate his former boss, RR.
    Forgive me, I kinda got a kick out of this, because syntactically, it implies that Brady was making an attempt on RR and got injured doing it. I'm sure that's not what was meant.

. . .

It's quite accurate to describe the anti-gun movement as one that depends entirely its members' lack of understanding of the issue(s).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links