Good news for a change....LGS and Ammo Aplenty

This is a discussion on Good news for a change....LGS and Ammo Aplenty within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Went to my LGS today (Steve told me yesterday his shipment would be arriving this AM)...the shelves were awash with ammo of all calibers....got 5 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Good news for a change....LGS and Ammo Aplenty

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar

Went to my LGS today (Steve told me yesterday his shipment would be arriving this AM)...the shelves were awash with ammo of all calibers....got 5 boxes of 124g Federals for the glock....could have had more but do not want to be one of the hoarders who make it hard for others to find ammo. Can get more next Thursday.....also saw them stocking the counters with a load of new handguns in many calibers so maybe things are loosing up a bit.....Lets hope so......
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    Went to my LGS today (Steve told me yesterday his shipment would be arriving this AM)...the shelves were awash with ammo of all calibers....got 5 boxes of 124g Federals for the glock....could have had more but do not want to be one of the hoarders who make it hard for others to find ammo. Can get more next Thursday.....also saw them stocking the counters with a load of new handguns in many calibers so maybe things are loosing up a bit.....Lets hope so......
    Are the Federals the HST?

Quote Originally Posted by Glock2201 View Post
    Are the Federals the HST?
    yes....why? What do I need to know that I Don't....
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

It almost makes me wish I was in Kernersville NC.
    If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

I stopped into my local Scheel's yesterday to drop off a pistol and some night sights for installation and they were pretty well stocked with ammo. Even .22 LR! Pricing was a little high and selection could have been better but I grabbed a couple boxes of 9mm ammo.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    yes....why? What do I need to know that I Don't....
    Nothing, I just bought some for the first time a little while ago and plan on using them for carry ammo for a Glock 26and was wondering if you had any experience with these. I would really like to try some Underwood 9mm but it looks like a lot of people are having the same idea because they are always out so for now I want to use Federal HST.

It is starting to look a little better at the LGS here as well. They finally got some 10mm JHP in stock and have had 9mm the last 2 weekends. They are still on a 1 box limit per day but for quite a while it was zero boxes per day.

Nothing, I just bought some for the first time a little while ago and plan on using them for carry ammo for a Glock 26and was wondering if you had any experience with these. I would really like to try some Underwood 9mm but it looks like a lot of people are having the same idea because they are always out so for now I want to use Federal HST.
    This will be my first use of the HST...have read and heard good things about it....however my packaging does not state for
    law enforcement use only....so it may be a hybrid load. ?????

Sounds good. Hope it keeps up.
    glockman10mm likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sixgun View Post
    Sounds good. Hope it keeps up.
    +1.

I would really like to try some Underwood 9mm but it looks like a lot of people are having the same idea because they are always out sNotexperience with these.
    If you are a sportin' man, you will like Underwood ammo. It definitely gives you a notice that you fired off a round or two!!!
    -- Robert
    NRA Life Member

Senior Member Array Warrior1256's Avatar
    My LGS did not have as bad a time of it ammo wise as many across the country reports. There is every type of ammo now available although some calibers, such as 5.56 and
    .223 are still limited to one box per visit.

VIP Member
    I've used Federal HST for years, in 9mm, .40 and .45. No complaints with them. They reside in all my carry guns.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I popped 500 .45 230gr Remington UMC FMJ's from Cabellas a week ago for 42 cents a round.
    Felt like I hit the lotto. LOL
    It will keep me going for a bit.
    I do see pricing headed towards normality.
    I refused to pay the gougers, so I went light on the range-trips for a while.

Fin

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    I've used Federal HST for years, in 9mm, .40 and .45. No complaints with them. They reside in all my carry guns.
    Thanks for that......it's good to have positive feedback as this is my first time with them..I really like the looks of them compared to the Hornady.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links