NRA, Law Shield, Retainer Fee, Pre paid lawyer

This is a discussion on NRA, Law Shield, Retainer Fee, Pre paid lawyer within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does the NRA have a lawyer program if a situation arises where I need one after an encounter with a bad guy? Anyone actually have ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: NRA, Law Shield, Retainer Fee, Pre paid lawyer

Does the NRA have a lawyer program if a situation arises where I need one after an encounter with a bad guy? Anyone actually have experience with a situation where they had to use lethal force and went through all the legal stuff after?

Lawyers an d ccw

I found this on a local blog
    MARYLAND GUN LAWS CONCEALED WEAPON FIREARM ATTORNEYS KNIFE DEFENSE ILLEGAL CARRY PRINCE ANNE BALTIMORE

By*asris

MARYLAND CONCEALED WEAPON & FIREARM OFFENSE DEFENSE

MARYLAND CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEYS

DEFEND CLIENTS CHARGED WITH CONCEALED WEAPONS & FIREARM CHARGES IN MARYLAND

If a person carries a concealed weapon in Maryland and does not have a permit to do so, then the carrying of a concealed weapon without a permit is a violation of law in most cases. In the event you are ever faced with a Maryland criminal charge for carrying a weapon (gun, knife, etc.), contact us right away so that we may assist in your defense. If you wish to obtain more information about weapons offenses in Maryland, please contact our office via*e-mail*or by filling out our*on-line form*. The Maryland law offices of SRIS, P.C. have a number of excellent Maryland concealed weapon attorneys & firearm offense lawyers with offices in*Rockville and Annapolis*.BALTIMORE, MARYLAND :Inner Harbor Center400 East Pratt Street, 8th FloorBaltimore, MD 21202Phone: (240) 399-0304ROCKVILLE, MARYLAND :*One Research Court, Suite 450Rockville, Maryland 20850Phone: (240) 399-0304

Quote Originally Posted by TexasSlinger View Post
    Does the NRA have a lawyer program if a situation arises where I need one after an encounter with a bad guy? Anyone actually have experience with a situation where they had to use lethal force and went through all the legal stuff after?

The NRA does not have a prepaid legal program, though they do offer the Locton-Risk insurance product, which provides some protection after the fact. However it, like all the other legal programs except one, only pays benefits AFTER your case has been successfully adjudicated....that means when you have been found not guilty or acquitted. In the meantime, you will be funding your own defense, which may coast you everything you have.

The only program that gives you money up front, to fund your defense IMMEDIATELY, and offers a network of qualified attorneys in every state, as well as providing boots on the ground response to your situation if needed, is the Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network. You can Google them for the link. The Texas Law Shield does similar service, but only in Texas, so if you travel or don't happen to live there, you may want something else. I see that TexasSlinger is in Houston, butother readers may want the info too.,
    Aceoky likes this.
    Brademan
    Special Projects manager - ACLDN

American Militia - charter member, NRA Life/Benefactor member
    LEAA Field Rep, Aikidoka, motorcyclist, plain speaker, straight shooter
    My other nickname is "3-Knife"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JanHarvey View Post
    For Layer problem, you should contact Stephen Labaik Law office....
    It will must help you !
    Great first post, and welcome to the forum!
    Rock and Glock and heymarv like this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Great first and last post, and welcome to the forum!
    I fixed it for you.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

VIP Member
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Actually sort of...but not really...

Its company that is reimbursed through the NRA foundation called Second Call Defense.

http://www.secondcalldefense.org

Neat thing about this program is unlike other CCW insurance programs that only pay out if you win. SCD will supply the money upfront. In the fine print of most insurance they don't cover intentional acts. Shooting somebody in self defense is an intentional act! The whole point of this program is when you call you get an actual lawyer on the phone immediately. You initially might get a lawyer in Ohio, but part of the program is they will find you a lawyer in your area that knows your particular system. Initially, they will calm you down, then give you legal help on the phone, find out where your going, help with the bail, then help find a lawyer in your area. Also, as a member of Second Call Defense you have access to their legal Webinars. They are very good. Plus its very cheap, the basic package is only $8.95 a month.

http://www.secondcalldefense.org/plans-and-pricing

Second Calls Philosophy is that 911 is for one purpose (summon help) after that hang up and call Second call, this occurs obviously after the encounter.

First thing the lawyer will do will run through a 4 square breathing exercise to help calm you down, then find out where you are going, if you are going to jail, and secure bail money for your immediate release. Standard bail is $10,000.

Also if your a businessman, I believe they have a recruiting program which they will pay you to recruit.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

VIP Member
    I recommend this over the NRA program. Take a read.

Armed Citizens' Legal Defense Network, Inc.
    TVJ, 10thmtn and Aceoky like this.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps.

The line of hard men willing to rain violence on our enemies so you can sleep warmly and safely in your bed at night continues. That's what we do. Semper fi.

NRA Life Member since 1972

VIP Member
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Quote Originally Posted by Chorizo View Post
    I recommend this over the NRA program. Take a read.

Armed Citizens' Legal Defense Network, Inc.
    I'm curios any particular reason?
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Check out US Lawshield.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I believe CCW Safe also covers up front (rather than as a reimbursement).

Quote Originally Posted by Brademan View Post
    The Texas Law Shield does similar service, but only in Texas, so if you travel or don't happen to live there, you may want something else.
    I have Texas Law Shield and I believe they do offer this coverage nationwide, but it's an extra fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    Take a look at who is on their advisory board. These folks are potentially available to you in a self defense court case. It is a veritable who's who of self defense law and expert witness testimony. My wife and I have been members for years. And when you call them, you speak to real people.

They also have some really good training DVDs that can help you avoid legal hassles in the first place.
    Chorizo and Aceoky like this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Texas Law Shield. Good people.

TVJ
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasSlinger View Post
    I suggest Armed Citizens' Legal Defense Network, Inc.

Note who is on their board: Industry Luminaries Support Network by Serving on the Advisory Board

$10K initial insurance and you have access to local affirmative defense attorneys that are part of the network. This is critical.

I am a member and went through the process of finding a local affirmative defense attorney who has represented police (affirmative defense) use of force cases. Have his card in my wallet. You want all this in place before, g-forbid, you have to defend yourself with deadly force.
    Aceoky likes this.
    The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
    - Frederic Bastiat

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    An insurance program tends to draw "billable-hour, fee seekers". ACLDN sends out folks to help prevent it from even going to court. Read the electronic literature, well addressed in it.
    Aceoky and TVJ like this.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps.

The line of hard men willing to rain violence on our enemies so you can sleep warmly and safely in your bed at night continues. That's what we do. Semper fi.

NRA Life Member since 1972

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links