IWB Holsters causing a problem....need so good direction....

This is a discussion on IWB Holsters causing a problem....need so good direction.... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here are two pic's....average IWB holster holding a Glock-26...and second picture of said holster as if it were on my belt......... Can you see the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: IWB Holsters causing a problem....need so good direction....

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar

IWB Holsters causing a problem....need so good direction....

Here are two pic's....average IWB holster holding a Glock-26...and second picture of said holster as if it were on my belt.........

Can you see the problem ????? The handle of the handgun is below the belt line..no room to wrap hand around handle for extraction due to the placement of the clip all the way at the top of the holster.

I need a IWB holster (what I call a "high ride")...where the entire handle will be above the belt line.....(clip lower down on holster)......

HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!

desantos.jpg desantos1.png
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

2. Remove Ads

You need to get one of the hybrid holsters that allow you to adjust the height and cant of the scabbard with the clips. Crossbreed, Thesis, SHTF, Galco King Tuk etc. or others that are all kydex like Bravo Concealment or Raven Concealment.

Quote Originally Posted by RightyLefty View Post
    You need to get one of the hybrid holsters that allow you to adjust the height and cant of the scabbard with the clips. Crossbreed, Thesis, SHTF, Galco King Tuk etc. or others that are all kydex.
    OK..thanks for those names....do you know .... can you carry appendix with these types..
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    Here are two pic's....average IWB holster holding a Glock-26...and second picture of said holster as if it were on my belt.........

Can you see the problem ????? The handle of the handgun is below the belt line..no room to wrap hand around handle for extraction due to the placement of the clip all the way at the top of the holster.

I need a IWB holster (what I call a "high ride")...where the entire handle will be above the belt line.....(clip lower down on holster)......

HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    A low riding holster with a 20-degree forward cant will eliminate the problem you are experiencing. The Ohio Special from Midworld is one which addresses that issue very well. Some pics and a review of it are here:
    Galco Double Time vs Midworld Holsters Ohio Special - a comparo
    ccw9mm likes this.
    "Who are the ones that we kept in charge? Killers, thieves, and lawyers"

Tom Waits, God's Away on Business

Quote Originally Posted by RightyLefty View Post
    You need to get one of the hybrid holsters that allow you to adjust the height and cant of the scabbard with the clips. Crossbreed, Thesis, SHTF, Galco King Tuk etc. or others that are all kydex like Bravo Concealment or Raven Concealment.
    Good post. Just a correction on the spelling of one.

Theisholsters.com | Products | Custom IWB Holsters

Great holsters, great maker. Highly recommended.
    iguanadon likes this.

Desantis "cozy partner"20130527_115828.jpg

got mine at cabelas on sale for 50 bucks
    weekend pre-apocolypse nomadic warrior, leather duster and all.

I carry every day in a Remora holster, it is a clipless holder which allows me to position my gun at whatever position, height, or cant that I want. It work by using friction to hold the holster in place IWB. They are fairly inexpensive, I recommend them. There is another product called a Sticky holster that works in a similar manner.
    maxwell97 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    A low riding holster with a 20-degree forward cant will eliminate the problem you are experiencing. The Ohio Special from Midworld is one which addresses that issue very well. Some pics and a review of it are here:
    Galco Double Time vs Midworld Holsters Ohio Special - a comparo
    Bulls eye.......man I really like the vids on the double time from Galco.....would work for me in warm weather (iwb) and cooler weather (owb) and I love where the handgun rides...thank you...I think you solved my problem......

Galco Summer Comfort (Glock 17)--has a good forward cant, rides higher, and is easy to slide back and forth for comfort/adjusting position while driving:

Attached Images

Get a Crossbreed, or similar style that's adjustable.
    Chuck808 and Mr B like this.
    I don't always carry two concealed S&W 500's.........JUST KIDDING!

Great choices and I appreciate the input.......now...anybody know of a DefensiveCarry Forum addict group I can join...I'm loosing weight, sleep depraved, and finding ways to call in sick to work to be on this site.....This is worse than any Facebook or Blog site I ever saw....Even when I turn off this laptop and the lights I can hear it calling me saying...."Come on back you know you wanta read the last post...hurry...we're missing everything"........
    maxwell97, ZOMBIEvs42 and joker1 like this.

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    High Noon holsters. Very similar options to what you posted, but available in high ride, with or without cant.
    These are good quality leather holsters.

Might want to look at these reasonably priced. Handmade Hybrid IWB Holsters | Ozarks Holster Company
    Aceoky likes this.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

dben, another name to look at is Old Faithful... they have an appendix version which is similar to their regular version but with more of a vertical cant to it. Old Faithful Holsters Store Supplies The Most Comfortable Concealed Gun Holsters

Get their Quick Assembly Kit. Great price and takes less than 20 minutes to "assemble".

As a matter of fact, I have one of their appendix/belly versions that I'd be willing to send you. I'll PM you in case you don't see this.

Iggy.
    KiDGiB likes this.
    Raleigh... Where Barney comes to Party...

Glock 27 for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23's for the home.

Call me Iggy. Only my mother calls me by my full given name.

Quote Originally Posted by iguanadon View Post
    dben, another name to look at is Old Faithful... they have an appendix version which is similar to their regular version but with more of a vertical cant to it. Old Faithful Holsters Store Supplies The Most Comfortable Concealed Gun Holsters

Get their Quick Assembly Kit. Great price and takes less than 20 minutes to "assemble".

As a matter of fact, I have one of their appendix/belly versions that I'd be willing to send you. I'll PM you in case you don't see this.

Iggy.
    back at you...........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links