Suggestions for Cargo/Tactical Pant for IWB Carry

This is a discussion on Suggestions for Cargo/Tactical Pant for IWB Carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone have suggestions on a comfortable and rugged concealed carry pant that doesn't scream " I am carrying a gun" I went and tried ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Suggestions for Cargo/Tactical Pant for IWB Carry

Does anyone have suggestions on a comfortable and rugged concealed carry pant that doesn't scream " I am carrying a gun" I went and tried on some 5.11 pants and didnt care for their fit. Thanks for the input.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NEOHunter View Post
    Does anyone have suggestions on a comfortable and rugged concealed carry pant that doesn't scream " I am carrying a gun" I went and tried on some 5.11 pants and didnt care for their fit. Thanks for the input.
    Size-larger pants will accommodate most IWB holsters. I wear jeans, dress slacks, and shorts with equal regularity and success while carrying.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

cargo tactical pants?

you would be better off with some assault pants :P

i wear old BDUs on fundays, i would recomend some Army issue style, there are more normal colors than camo
    weekend pre-apocolypse nomadic warrior, leather duster and all.

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    Wear what you normally wear if you don't want to scream, "I am carrying a gun." No need to go all tactical unless you want to carry extra mags, flashlight, knife etc. Jeans, khakis, dress slacks and cargo pants work just fine.
    Zeebra724 likes this.

I've got 6 pairs of 5.11 Covert Casual khaki dress pants. I use them at work every day and they are awesome. They have an elastic expandable waste band, so they easily accommodate my crossbreed IWB and Glock 23, and return to normal size when I'm not carrying.

http://www.opticsplanet.com/5-11-tac...2-0-74332.html
    I don't always carry two concealed S&W 500's.........JUST KIDDING!

Use one size to big cargo shorts, great for pocket carry or iwb
    GhostMaker likes this.

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    NO cargo or tacticool pants around my house. With 26 years of CC'n I wear what ever I allways have had for pants, jeans at work , maybe Columbia or dockers for going out, nothing special. More about a great holster and pistol sized for your needs. Those tacticool and cargo pants just SCREAM to look at you.
    006.9V2.1 likes this.

I normally wear something like Wrangler cargo pants or shorts. Works fine without spending extra for "tactical".

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    I just go one size up. I wear cargo shorts most of the time. One thing I will suggest is check how deep the front pockets are. If I can put my hand in the front pocket to the wrist I'm good. A short front pocket may make pocket carry [ with a holster of course] a bit difficult. I also have a few black shorts so when I carry the g30sf OWB[ its a thick pistol] I use the black OWB holster it helps a bit. I also wear a thin "tank top" t shirt under any outer shirt [black for the g30, helps hide it] for me it helps keep the holster of the skin when I IWB.

Try Duluth Trading Co. Men's Workwear & Women's Workwear
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Thanks for the responses, I agree that most tactical pants scream " gun" the only thing I liked is most had an elastic waist so I wouldn't have to buy one size up and just use them to carry. I will just try to find a quality cargo pant that has an elastic waist so I can still wear them when not carrying.

Haggar Cool 18 Pants. < they also come in shorts as well >
    Microfiber is a must here in Florida ;-)
    or a pair of Levi's Black Jeans "one size up"

GH
    TruSpec makes some nice cargo pants with an expandable waist, a small narrow pocket for a knife or small flashlight, a small pocket on each cargo pocket for a cell phone or mags, mag pockets inside the cargo pockets. That with a 5.11 Operator belt is ideal for CC, OWB or IWB. I was issued a couple of pairs of khaki when I was working armed security & a couple of pair of black 5.11s. The TruSpecs hold up much better although I wore the black 5.11s more so it's hard to really judge.
    epalmer2898 likes this.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

I also wear cargo shorts of the standard variety. My P938 in a DeSantis pocket holster fits well in the cargo pocket for quick trips. No bulk in the front pocket.

Some shorts carry the cargo pocket in a height that makes the gun hit my knee and I just learn to avoid those brands.

If needed I can carry IWB with these shorts. Options.

Pants, I just usually wear jeans one waist size larger and carry IWB.

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    I suggest you try the 5.11 Tactical Covert Pants. They are just as good as any tactical pant, but they don't appear to be "tactical".

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links