CPL wait in kent county Michigan

This is a discussion on CPL wait in kent county Michigan within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I sent my cpl out on march 6. So it's been around 12 weeks of waiting. Just want to see the average wait for people ...

Thread: CPL wait in kent county Michigan

I sent my cpl out on march 6. So it's been around 12 weeks of waiting. Just want to see the average wait for people in my county.

Search this thread for Kent:
    MGO Community Forum

Like this:
    http://www.migunowners.org/forum/sea...archid=6114555

Looks like somewhere between 3 and 5 months?
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

mine took 80 days from the time sent in til received in mail here in Kent Co. when applied in Jan this year

Wolf, welcome to the waiting game. I applied on March 4, the Sheriff's dept got around to by background check last Friday, and it is on the gun board agenda for today. For for me, it will be 3.5 months before I have card in hand. If your's is not on the agenda today, it should be on the agenda for July's meeting. And that might be even later since they meet on the first Thursday of the month, and something tells me that they will not be meeting on the 4th.

I was actually surprised to hear that the holdup is not with the County Clerk's office, but with the Sheriff's dept because they have one person who does the back ground checks, and they have other duties that are deemed to be more important as well. You can call the County Clerk's office to see where yours is in the process.

Under MI law, the gun boards have 45 days after finger printing to get them checked then another 45 days to decide if there is a reason to deny. So there "should" never be more than 90 days, but.... I doubt that anyone keeps track of if they are breaking any MI laws. ;)
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

Quote Originally Posted by dV8r View Post
    Under MI law, the gun boards have 45 days after finger printing to get them checked then another 45 days to decide if there is a reason to deny. So there "should" never be more than 90 days, but.... I doubt that anyone keeps track of if they are breaking any MI laws. ;)
    I kept track... I just did not want to spend the money on the lawyer to take them to task for it.

july 4

Do you know when they will meet if not on July 4 I can't get any info on it.

MJClark;2777493]Wolf, welcome to the waiting game. I applied on March 4, the Sheriff's dept got around to by background check last Friday, and it is on the gun board agenda for today. For for me, it will be 3.5 months before I have card in hand. If your's is not on the agenda today, it should be on the agenda for July's meeting. And that might be even later since they meet on the first Thursday of the month, and something tells me that they will not be meeting on the 4th.

I was actually surprised to hear that the holdup is not with the County Clerk's office, but with the Sheriff's dept because they have one person who does the back ground checks, and they have other duties that are deemed to be more important as well. You can call the County Clerk's office to see where yours is in the process.[/QUOTE]

I applied for mine on Dec 1, 2011 and got the license exactly 90 days later on March 1, 2012.

SW Lower Michigan is a very conservative region...both politically and morally.
    But you wouldn't know it when it comes to CC licensing and other 2A issues.
    I live in adjacent Ottawa county and didn't have a problem... but I've heard that others have.
    I've also heard that wait times in Kent county are among the longest in the state.
    Clearly, the sheriff's department there views a citizen's right to self-defense as a relatively unimportant matter... with respect to how it prioritizes its responsibilities.
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Sponsored Links