Concealed Carry prior to Permit

This is a discussion on Concealed Carry prior to Permit within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Now, I know we are all law abiding citizens and would never break the laws under which we live.... but has anyone carried concealed prior ...

Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By 357and40
  • 3 Post By ntkb
  • 1 Post By JT353
  • 3 Post By 9MMare
  • 1 Post By GSDSchutzhund
  • 2 Post By bmcgilvray

Thread: Concealed Carry prior to Permit

Concealed Carry prior to Permit

Now, I know we are all law abiding citizens and would never break the laws under which we live.... but has anyone carried concealed prior to having a permit? Now I'm not a LEO so dont expect me to come smashing down your door if you say yes lol. And depending on how you interpret 2A, you may consider that your permit.

So with some of the difficulties going on in receiving a concealed carry license, did any carry prior to receiving authorization?

-Kyle

2. Remove Ads

Never will ever endorse breaking the law. Never carried outside my home till I had my permit. Castle doctrine extends to your car in MO.
    SmokinFool likes this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Mentioning illegal activities on this site is against the rules I trust this post will be closed soon.
    357and40, ccw9mm and bigmacque like this.
    1911 when a follow up shot just isn't an option

Before I got my permit, I never carried on my person even though the thought did cross my mind. The question I would always ask myself was..."what can I stand to lose if I get caught, sent to jail and have a weapons charge on my record?"

The answer was always the same.

In Texas it is legal to have a concealed weapon in your vehicle, so thats what I did until I was licensed to carry.

If you're thinking of carrying without a permit...think of the consequences if you get caught.

Good luck.
    SmokinFool likes this.

What would a constructive purpose of this question be?
    bigmacque, Aceoky and SmokinFool like this.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Quote Originally Posted by GSDSchutzhund View Post
    PS Obviously this would be viewed as "illegal" in the majorities eyes, so please do not respond with "No cause its illegal" or any derivative thereof. Thanks!
    Umm, OK. So, you concede the point that it's illegal, but then you say you don't want that fact to be discussed??? Is this a trick question?

Sorry, I choose to not play by the rules of your post. I will state, unequivocally, that I did not CC before obtaining my permit, and that the fact that it would have been illegal to do so was exactly the reason why.

Not sure why you would even be asking this question. Can you explain your reason for broaching this subject, (that is if the Mods choose to leave the thread open)?

No thoughts of illegally carrying. It would be a destructive blow to my Service career as well as my future. But I can't help thinking that with all the difficulties our legislators and elected officials keep adding up in regards to firearms, people are gonna start doing it regardless, with or without a permit. Scary thought but still a thought.

NTKB, hopefully not. I think it would make an interesting discussion point. But if the mods deem it worthy of being locked, thats why they make em mods :)
    bmcgilvray likes this.

I think the consideration for some may be that they figured it was just a thought, in the process of getting a permit. A: I want to carry a gun to protect myself. B: Can i? Not Legally. C: work on getting permit.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinFool View Post
    Umm, OK. So, you concede the point that it's illegal, but then you say you don't want that fact to be discussed??? Is this a trick question?

Sorry, I choose to not play by the rules of your post. I will state, unequivocally, that I did not CC before obtaining my permit, and that the fact that it would have been illegal to do so was exactly the reason why.

Not sure why you would even be asking this question
    Call it late night thoughts. :)

I amended my original post. Feel free to use "no because its illegal" as your answering point

I know that obviously doing it would be illegal, I think that opinions on the matter would be interesting.

No. I had my permit before I even owned a gun.

What can I say, it only took 5 days for my permit to arrive.
    Fortune favors the bold.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Quote Originally Posted by GSDSchutzhund View Post
    No thoughts of illegally carrying. It would be a destructive blow to my Service career as well as my future. But I can't help thinking that with all the difficulties our legislators and elected officials keep adding up in regards to firearms, people are gonna start doing it regardless, with or without a permit. Scary thought but still a thought.

NTKB, hopefully not. I think it would make an interesting discussion point. But if the mods deem it worthy of being locked, thats why they make em mods :)
    Whoa whoa whoa.

I'm sure many of us know people that carry guns. Period. Permitted or not. I cant tell you the number of women I've met that carry guns in their purses and don't even realize a permit is required.

It's not about 'starting.' People have been doing it all along. Like I said, I have a feeling a lot of people don't even realize you need a CC permit (in most states). And esp, loads keep them in their cars, despite what specific state laws may be.
    Fortune favors the bold.

This thread just begs for illegal activity to be discussed.

See the Forum Rules in the purty turquoise blue letters at the top in the Forum heading?

Forum Rule No. 10 has application here.

10. Discussion of illegal activities, except in reporting the actions of others, is not allowed. Discussion for the purpose of promoting these activities may subject the poster to being banned. Admission of illegal activity on your part will be removed. Anyone quoting or referencing deleted or edited posts will have their posts edited/removed as well. In short, DO NOT use this forum to admit to breaking the law, even in your distant past.
    SmokinFool and ccw9mm like this.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Links