Texas will be a safer place to live (soon)

This is a discussion on Texas will be a safer place to live (soon) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, it is official. I have sent my application into the interwebs. It is now a matter of time until Texas will be a safer ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Texas will be a safer place to live (soon)

Well, it is official. I have sent my application into the interwebs. It is now a matter of time until Texas will be a safer place to be. In 60 days (give or take) my fellow Texans will be able to sleep a little better at night knowing that KingHarold will be there to protect you

Most people from Texas dont call it the interwebs...
    Jdunn217 likes this.

VIP Member
    Spidernet i think he meant

*sigh*

I know he's joking but I'm worried that he's not joking about the part that has me worried in general about what many cc permit holders worry about.....improperly IMO.

heh
    TN_Mike and shadowwalker like this.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    Well, Your Majesty, I applaud you for your efforts and your patience.
    SmokinFool likes this.
    If at first you don't succeed then skydiving definitely isn't for you.

-- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Congratulations, TX, KingHarold's on the job!

I know I'm already going to sleep better, even though I'm almost 1,000 miles away, knowing TX will be better protected!

Quote Originally Posted by 9MMare View Post
    *sigh*

I know he's joking but I'm worried that he's not joking about the part that has me worried in general about what many cc permit holders worry about.....improperly IMO.

heh
    Joking or not, these are just the kind of comments we as a defensive carry community do not need and all the gun control/restriction community needs to incite the masses.

An early congrats on your CHL. And may you never have to use your weapon to defend yourself or anyone else.
    SmokinFool likes this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Quote Originally Posted by Ingeniir View Post
    Joking or not, these are just the kind of comments we as a defensive carry community do not need and all the gun control/restriction community needs to incite the masses.
    I was thinking the same thing about the OP's post. That they might not realize he means it as a joke.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Welcome King H.

Quote Originally Posted by welder516 View Post
    Spidernet i think he meant

How bouts GoreWebz he said he invented it.
    welder516 likes this.
    One more step and it's on!

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Most people from Texas dont call it the interwebs...
    I am not "most people"......... lol

Quote Originally Posted by 9MMare View Post
    *sigh*

heh
    I am joking about the whole thing, sir. I am a father of 3 and a husband. I am not (by any means) out to "create my own brand of justice". I am simply out to execise my 2nd amendment right as a free citizen. Most likely, the only place i will be carrying on a regular basis would be when i travel with my family. I know that it is already legal to carry a weapon with me in my truck, but i want to have the option to be able to carry a weapon on me if i feel the need to. I hope this puts any doubts to rest. Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers here. I am just nine kinds of excited to be able to legally carry. Long gone are the days of me being able to ride down the street to go dove hunting with my buddies like i used to as a child. I remember riding down the road with my friends with my 410across the handlebars of my bike and not even getting a second glance from passers by. Now days i am scared the SWAT team may show up at my house because my kids are shooting each other with their waterguns.

Quote Originally Posted by Ingeniir View Post
    There's some truth to that, but there are enough mall ninja types out there that a humorous comment like this won't even register.

And I believe the legally correct way to describe the Internet is "The Series of Tubes."
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Don't feel bad OP, I've been the victim of misunderstanding and assumptions on this site a few times. Also I have a sense of humor, so I got it right away.

It's funny you're in Austin.....I really want to move there for some reason. Never been there. Any reason not to move there?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links