Ever since I got my CCW permit I...

This is a discussion on Ever since I got my CCW permit I... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; That's right boys and girls. It's a fill-in-the-blanks game! For example: "Ever since I got my CCW permit, I found every excuse to get out ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Ever since I got my CCW permit I...

Ever since I got my CCW permit I...

That's right boys and girls. It's a fill-in-the-blanks game!

For example: "Ever since I got my CCW permit, I found every excuse to get out of the house!"

Keep it sensible and fun. No macho stuff or anything that will get you in trouble!

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    ...I take almost as long to get dressed as my wife.

I used to just glance at my clothes in my closet and pick something. Now I have to choose which pants/shorts fit most comfortably with a sidearm and what shirt conceals best and looks OK with said bottoms.

My wife even made fun of me for dressing around my "accessory". I said I don't mind doing that as long as the "accessory" is something manly like a hand cannon.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    I'll chip in. I am even more polite and low-key than before. I had almost no road-rage before and now I have zero problems with it (I use humor if it happens - 'that guy missed the first two weeks of merge school').

Since I can use force, I consider it my duty to be a responsible citizen and carrier and to learn how to better deescalate, and avoid trouble, being almost impossible to provoke. I've worked on partnering up, learning good gun handling, cleaning and storage, function and use. I go to the range with my partner at least 1-2x per month (as ammo holds out).

I go to gunshows and notice how these people are the nicest most polite group I've ever been in. People hold doors open for me and greet me kindly.

GH
    Quote Originally Posted by BadgerJ View Post
    I go to gunshows and notice how these people are the nicest most polite group I've ever been in. People hold doors open for me and greet me kindly.
    If that's really you pictured here I can see why, lol.
    lionround and Taurahe like this.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

I keep calm in driving situations where I used to get overly excited.

I never was a troublemaker but now have even more of an imperative to diffuse situations and walk away being the bigger man.
    Speculator and ginzo like this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    I stay broke buying holsters, ammo, targets, belts, mag holders, and other chit I don't need!!!!
    Timbrr, mook012, 84160 and 5 others like this.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Have only been pulled over once. I seem to drive more cautiously now.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Distinguished Member
    I carry a gun everywhere it's legal.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Have noticed how most individuals are deliberately oblivious to their surroundings.
    mprp, miller_man and Dsbjax like this.

... I went clothes shopping for the first time in 2 years! I hate buying clothes but actually had fun picking out shirts that were large enough and dark enough to conceal all my hand cannons! I also gained a new appreciation for cargo shorts!

Quote Originally Posted by GH View Post
    If that's really you pictured here I can see why, lol.
    Sarah Michelle Gellar ! lol
    "Life isn't fair but having the root password helps!"

Glock 27 Gen 4

I am constantly looking at the right hip of other people to see if they are printing.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

...i try to conceal effectively so i don't have to show anyone the HIDEOUS photo on my CC permit.
    DetChris likes this.
    "In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king."

..I can say since I started to carry it saved my life ... without even using my gun .
    Let me explain , I was on the verge of being a alcoholic . But I refuse to drink and carry . And since i carry everyday , I stopped drinking .

My friends and family are still amazed when I order a soda when we go out ..
    If you can read this thank a teacher .... If its in English thank a veteran. ..
    NRA member. ..

I have a renewed appreciation for comfortable jeans and shorts....... and I need a bigger holster drawer.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links